- In-house Government Employer | Intermediate to Senior | Growing Practice
- 2 x 12 month contract In-house opportunities | Cutting Edge Legal Matters
- Competitive Remuneration | REAL Work Life Balance!
Our client, a fast-growing government organisation has asked us to assist them with the appointment of two Workplace Relations and Employment Lawyers to their Brisbane CBD based organisation. One at an intermediate level (2-4 years PAE) and one at a Senior level (5+ years PAE). If you are seeking to broaden your skillset and gain access to cutting edge legal matters whilst maintaining genuine work life balance then you have found your match!
There are currently two, fixed term (12 months), full-time positions available with a strong possibility for extension on offer.
You will work closely with industry leaders to provide advice on a broad range of challenging matters which will involve, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and advising on employment agreements and contracts;
- Drafting and advising on enterprise agreements;
- General protection issues including unfair dismissal proceedings and unlawful terminations, discrimination, workplace harassment, and bullying claims;
- Workplace health and safety risk management advice as well as prosecution defence work; and
- Restraint of trade issues
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Admission as a legal practitioner in Queensland;
- Between 4 to 10 years post admission experience within a workplace relations and employment group;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills of a high professional standard;
- Exceptional drafting skills;
- High level of commercial acumen, and
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment.
This is a career-defining opportunity to move into an in-house role Government role within a positive, team environment offering:
- Highly competitive remuneration;
- REAL work life balance;
- Ongoing training & development with the opportunity to learn from the best;
- A friendly and supportive team environment.
We offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure.To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively please quote Ref No:GOV201917 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Trudy Reading - email@example.com
- Ena Pita - firstname.lastname@example.org