Exciting career opportunity for an experience Legal Administration and Accounts Officer in Brisbane CBD.
To be considered for this role you must have experience working within a law firm and have demonstrated Trust Accounting experience. You are also required to have the follow skills:
- Working knowledge of a legal Trust Account, General Account and other Legal Accounts procedures;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Minimum touch typing speed of 60 wpm;
- 3+ years legal secretarial and accounts experience; and
- Experienced with LEAP and Xero would be beneficial but not essential.
In terms of personal qualities, you will have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work in a team environment and autonomously;
- An approachable and enthusiastic manner; and
- Excellent attention to detail.
You will be responsible for managing and supervising all administrative and accounting requirements for the Brisbane office with your duties including:
- Drawing of Trust & General Account Cheques;
- Creditor payments;
- Monthly Billing;
- Accounts Receivable including follow up on Debtors;
- Monthly reconciliations;
- Providing administrative support to Partners and Lawyers;
- Document production;
- Dictaphone typing;
- Preparation of Briefs;
- Assisting with the recruitment and onboarding of staff;
- First line of support for IT issues including liaising with external IT providers;
- Managing and mentoring junior staff;
- Database management;
- Diary management and meeting room bookings; and
- General office administration management.
The firm are generous with rewarding their staff and offer a lovely, friendly and collegiate work environment.
- On top of a competitive remuneration package, this firm is very involved in the community with great work-life balance and employee benefits.
- They have modern offices and collegiate team environment with genuine career progression and development opportunities.
Our usual relaxed lounge setting at 300 Queen Street will for the time being, be replaced by virtual interviews where you will have the choice of a 1-on-1 or a Multiparty Meeting via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or Telephone, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your prerequisites in that next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of this and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively, quote Ref:LS050620 and email your Resume to either:
- Kirra Gaskell - email@example.com or
- Trudy Reading - firstname.lastname@example.org
Not what you are looking for? At Law Staff we can help take the stress out of finding your dream job ..... Whatever you are looking for, our team at Law Staff can assist you with finding the right job with the right firm. With over 30 years' experience as specialist legal recruiters in the Brisbane market we know the vast majority of firms and their individual culture. In a lot of instances we know the lawyers in the various departments and are able to determine what could be right for you in light of what you tell us you are ultimately looking for. This knowledge, together with strong relationships with the various HR Managers in EXCEPTIONAL CBD firms, provides you with the edge you need to secure an interview for your dream job.
Need to talk to us out of hours? No problem, drop us an email and we can call you either after work, in your lunch break or even on the weekend.
For details of all other available opportunities, please visit our website: www.law-staff.com.au
Due to the high volume of candidates expected for this position, please note, only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane