- Large Australian law firm with excellent reputation
- Focus on government and administration work in the public sector
- Excellent training provided
- High Quality of Work with Challenging and Interesting Matters
- Opportunity to contribute to major organisation and cutting-edge legal matters
- A rare opportunity has arisen for a Lawyer to join a leading National firm and work across the areas of Government and Administrative law.
- This firm has very strong relationships with a range of government agencies and departments, having been appointed to many of the categories on the Government Legal Services Panel.
- In this role you will be required to advise on aspects of administrative law including judicial review and merits review applications, recommended disciplinary action, corporate governance, strategy decision-making processes, appeals against board decisions, privacy issues, corruption and accountability as well as Right to Information legislation and the provision of statements of reasons.
- You will provide advice to a range of government agencies under the guidance of experienced and well-regarded Partners, advocating in the Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court and Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
- Candidates suited for this role will have previous experience advising government agencies and regulators on a range of litigation proceedings.
- You will have at least 5 years post admission experience in private practice across government services.
- Alternatively you will have worked as a lawyer in the public sector for a State or Commonwealth Government Department and will have a transferrable skillset into government services within a large commercial law firm.
- Ideally, as a Senior Associate you will also have experience in mentoring and supervising more junior lawyers.
- You will have a solid academic transcript and a copy of this should accompany your application.
- In return, you will be given the opportunity to contribute to major organisations and cutting-edge legal matters across a range of industries.
- There is also a highly competitive remuneration package on offer and other employee benefits.
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us an understanding of your skills as well as ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile on this role and other opportunities for you to research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: GA030820 and email your Resume to either:
- Bianca Calder - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.