- Brisbane CBD | Apply Confidentially Today
- Wide Range of Competitive Remuneration Packages & Benefits
- Take the Next Step in Your Career and Have Your Potential Recognised
1 - *NEW* CTP INSURANCE ASSOCIATE | 5+ PAE
- FIRM: This reputable eastern seaboard firm currently has a vacancy within their CTP Insurance team. Our client is an industry leader in the Commercial sphere advising clients nationally on a raft of issues. The firm strives for excellence whilst maintaining a customer focus and strong team values.
- WORK: In this position, you will be a valued member of the team assisting Partners from Insurance. You will provide cohesive and legally technical advice on a range of CTP matters including multi-vehicle accident claims involving major and catastrophic injuries. You can expect to be challenged with complex liability disputes and strongly contested damages claims.
- CANDIDATE: The firm is seeking a highly motivated individual with at least 5 years post admission experience. CTP experience is essential. You will also have the opportunity to provide mentoring within the team so previous exposure to this will be highly regarded.
- BENEFITS: You will join a team of motivated individuals who are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal service to their clients. The culture of this firm is collaborative and team-oriented and they encourage continued learning and development. They have a positive and caring environment and the Partners lead by example. A highly competitive remuneration package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with your experience.
2 - *NEW* JUNIOR INSURANCE LAWYER | 1 – 2 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: A national firm which has grown and will continue to grow exponentially. They are well recognised and highly regarded by industry peers.
- WORK: Your role will be across complex insurance matters with a focus on public liability.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will have at least 1 years PAE and be able to demonstrate high performance in insurance throughout their career.
- BENEFITS: This is a great opportunity which will send you in the right direction for a successful career. You will be given the opportunity to work on quality insurance matters under the guidance of highly respected Partners.
3 - MEDICAL INDEMNITY LAWYER | TOP-TIER | 1 - 3 YEARS PAE
- ROLE: Medical Indemnity Lawyer with at least 1 Years’ Experience
- FIRM: This is one of Australia's leading top tier law firms. They are an employer of choice with contemporary employee friendly policies and remuneration levels that rival the best.
- WORK: You will work on some of Australia’s most notable medical negligence claims and professional liability cases. This role is likely to be 95% medical negligence, but there may be some disciplinary work with AHPRA and some health work from an advisory perspective.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 years PAE in an Insurance team with a mid-tier national or top-tier firm. You will also have strong academics (5.5 GPA and above).
- BENEFITS: This is a career-defining role which tends to pay at or above other rival first tier law firms plus bonuses for exceeding targets.
4 - INSURANCE ASSOCIATE OR SA | 4 + PAE
- FIRM: Our client is a dynamic, resourceful and highly reputable national that has undergone substantial growth in recent years.
- WORK: With a commercial offering of specialist experience across a range of dedicated areas, they service blue-chip clientèle and work on quality and diverse matters. This is a high performing team environment where you will work on Defendant personal injury files for self-funded clients. This is not a process-driven insurance role.
- CANDIDATE: To be successful you will have 4+ Years PAE with strong insurance litigation skills and the ability to communicate strategies with your clients. Additionally, you will possess commercial acumen and have strong attention to detail.
- BENEFITS: Remuneration is in line with relevant experience and is market competitive with other national firms. In addition, this firm has leading edge Employee Relations policies and exceptional work-life balance. These are reinforced by staff endorsements and the firm receiving Employer of Choice, Equity and Diversity awards over several consecutive years.
- FIRM: A well respected law firm with a long and stable history in providing quality advise to a high calibre of clients.
- WORK: You will advise clients on complex statutory and liability claims, property recovery claims, multiple party actions, indemnity and quantum issues, scheme-sensitive matters and complex litigation. This will include a range of sectors including government, hospitality, construction, schools, churches and small businesses.
- CANDIDATE: To apply for this position you must have 3 years experience working on defendant liability claims at an insurance firm.
- BENEFITS: This firm provides spacious modern offices, together with a high calibre client base and collaborative and supportive team environment.
6 – WORKERS COMPENSATION LAWYER | MID-TIER FIRM | 1 - 3 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: One of Australia’s leading specialist law firms with offices nationwide with a thriving Brisbane office.
- WORK: Compensation and administrative law matters acting on behalf of State and Federal Government clients, as well as institutional self-insureds under the Commonwealth workers’ compensation scheme.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have at least 1 year post admission experience at a reputable firm. You will have considerable exposure to workers compensation matters and be looking to further specialise in this area.
- BENEFITS: The culture of this firm is collaborative and team-oriented and they encourage continued learning and development. They have a positive and caring environment and the Partners lead by example. A competitive remuneration package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with your experience.
7 - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY LAWYER | MID-TIER | 2+ YEARS PAE
- ROLE: Commercial Litigation Lawyer with Professional Indemnity Focus
- FIRM: This firm is an employer of choice for Law Staff due to its many qualities including culture, quality of work, low attrition levels, and strong work-life balance promoted heavily by the Partners. These are reinforced by staff endorsements and the firm receiving Employer of Choice, Equity and Diversity awards over several consecutive years.
- WORK: This is a high performing team environment where you will work on professional indemnity claims across a broad range of industries including the property sector (real estate agents, valuers, surveyors and other property industry participants), the health care sector (including doctors, nurses, hospitals, dentists, allied health care professionals and primary health organisations), brokers, accountants and financial advisers. You will also be exposed to directors’ and officers’ liability claims.
- CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have minimum of 2 years post admission experience in professional indemnity or general liability.
- BENEFITS: Remuneration is in line with relevant experience and is market competitive with other national firms. In addition, this firm has leading edge Employee Relations policies and exceptional work-life balance. Your development will also be supported by a number of senior practitioners.
8 - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY ASSOCIATE or SA | 4 + YEARS PAE
- FIRM: Due to growth in their Insurance practice this is a newly created position at a National firm. They have a long standing legal practice with service offerings across a range of sectors.
- WORK: You will gain exposure to a wide variety of professional indemnity matters. Clients will include a range of professionals to include accountants, health professionals, certifiers, auditors, lawyers, engineers, financial planners and architects.
- CANDIDATE: You must have at least 4 years post admission experience having worked on a range of professional indemnity matters.
- BENEFITS: You will have the opportunity to work with reputable partners and have a clear path for career progression. This firm also has a great work-life balance and employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, staff mentors, social club and discounted legal services.
9 - INSURANCE LAWYER | GLOBAL FIRM | 2+ YEARS PAE
- FIRM: A large global law firm with offices across Australia across a range of various disciplines. This office is located in Brisbane’s CBD and has a growth requirement for a general liability insurance lawyers.
- WORK: This is a broad role with the opportunity to work across all aspects of insurance litigation including Medical indemnity, Workers Compensation, Public Liability, and CTP common law claims. You decide what area you would like the weighting to be towards.
- CANDIDATE: You will have at least 2 years’ experience at a reputable firm in the insurance space across one or more of the relevant areas. The successful candidate will have strong communication and drafting skills and the ability to manage clients under the supervision of a Partner.
- BENEFITS: This is a career defining move where you will have an international firm on your CV, gaining exposure to interesting and complex matters with A-list clients. You will also have the opportunity for international secondments, combined with an attractive salary package.
10 - INSURANCE LAWYER | CYBER RISK | 2 – 8 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: Due to continued growth, our client is seeking to add an experienced Insurance Lawyer to join their team due to increased exposure to cyber risk.
- WORK: Working closely with dynamic Partners who are industry leaders in terms of technical skills, this role will see you running a range of insurance litigation including general liability matters with a focus on cyber risk. You will also be exposed to public liability, professional indemnity, product damage and personal injury.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will have at least 2 years post admission experience with candidates being considered up to Associate level. You will have well-developed insurance experience and enjoy problem solving and complex advice work. A passion for cyber risk and interest in developing in this area wold be ideal.
- BENEFITS: This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented technician who is looking to have a speciality in a particular area, while still maintaining variety of work. The successful candidate will continue to hone their technical skills, whilst gaining exposure to a range of intellectually stimulating files.
11 - PUBLIC AND PRODUCT LIABILITY SENIOR ASSOCIATE | 6+ YEARS PAE
- FIRM: National Australian firm with a great reputation for specialising in Defendant insurance has a new position in their, Public and Product Liability team.
- WORK: A wide range of public and product liability work with a mix of personal injury and property damage files.
- CANDIDATE: To be considered for this position you must have 6 years post admission experience in commercial and insurance litigation. You will also need strong technical abilities as well as a proven ability to mentor and manage junior lawyers.
- BENEFITS: If progression is what you’re looking for promotion at this firm is based on merit not length of service. This firm has a great culture which is diverse, collegiate, innovative and open within their team. They also give back to the community and will offer a competitive remuneration package.
12 - WORKERS COMPENSATION LAWYER, ASSOCIATE or SA | 3 – 10 YEARS + PAE
- FIRM: An Eastern Seaboard Insurance specialist firm that represents insurers, businesses and government departments. They act for many of Australia's leading businesses in all industry groups including retail, transport and logistics, manufacturing, property, agriculture, tourism, health and aged care, financial services and insurance.
- WORK: Predominately defendant Insurance in Workers Compensation for WorkCover itself as well as for institutional Self-Insured Employers with some Public Liability for Insurers and self-Insureds.
- ROLE: Due to its growth and increased work load, this firm has two new role available. One is 3 - 6 Years PAE Lawyer and the other is at an Associate or SA level (6+ PAE)
- CANDIDATE: A minimum of 3 Years post-admission experience, up to SA Level. Previous experience in workers compensation is a must, together with great communication and drafting skills.
13 - GENERAL LIABILITY LAWYER | 2 -4 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: A long standing mid-tier firm with a number of specialty areas. This firm has a particular focus on Defendant insurance and is known in the industry for being at the top of their game.
- WORK: General insurance to include public liability and product liability. You will be exposed to a variety of matters and clientele.
- CANDIDATE: If you have one-year experience in general liability at a mid-tier defendant insurance firm we want to hear from you! Candidates considered from 2 to 4 years PAE, however must have an insurance back ground.
- BENEFITS: This firm has a fantastic inclusive culture and really looks after its staff with a long list of employee benefits. Remuneration is negotiable in line with relevant experience.
Join a busy and expanding CBD firms in their first-class insurance teams and leverage off their success and depth of panel work
THE NEXT STEP
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your prerequisites in that next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure.
To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively, please quote Ref No: IN021118 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Bianca Calder - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.