- 13 Roles Available from Junior through to Special Counsel
- Excellent Workplace Culture with Specialist, National and Mid-tier Firms
- Choose from General Litigation or an Insolvency, Construction or Professional Indemnity Focus
- Varied Litigation Law Matters Across Multiple Areas
- Junior & Senior Opportunities Available - Enquire Now - interview this week
- FIRM: This is a leading Australian law firm who is highly regarding for its practical and commercial approach.
- WORK: The successful candidate will act for major banking institutions and non-bank financers, liquidators, bankruptcy trustees, administrators and receivers. You will represent directors and company officers in response to ASIC investigations and other corporate regulators.
- CANDIDATE: To apply for this role you must have commercial litigation experience at either Associate Level or near associate level. Minimum 4 Years PAE. You will also have an interest in mentoring junior colleagues and a desire to build client relationships.
- BENEFITS: You will gain the mentoring directly from a partner and the opportunity to take responsibility for a wide variety of interesting matters. This will be coupled with a friendly and collegiate atmosphere and staff benefits.
2 – DEFENDANT INSURANCE / LITIGATION LAWYER | 2+ YEARS PAE
- FIRM: This is a specialist firm focusing on insurance litigation. Due to growth and work volumes, an opportunity has become available for a lawyer to join the team on a permanent basis.
- WORK: You will act for clients in relation to insurance disputes, working alongside experienced Partners and other talented insurance lawyers, you can expect to handle: public and product liability claims; workers compensation matters; marine carrier claims; heavy motor property and liability claims; and indemnity disputes.
- CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' PAE; previous experience in Commercial Litigation; and experience in insurance will obviously be well regarded yet is NOT a mandatory prerequisite. This role is perfect for a lawyer, who is passionate about insurance and ready to progress their career in a specialist position.
- BENEFITS: In return for your talents this firm is offering: high standard of clients to work with and matters to work on; good salary package; excellent career development opportunities with advancement prospects based on merit and not length of service.
3 - Litigation Lawyer | 1 to 5+ Years PAE
- FIRM: This is an opportunity with a high-quality commercial law firm with a team of lawyers that are focused on key areas. They are expanding quickly, with multiple roles due to growth so it is a very exciting time to be a part of the team.
- WORK: The successful candidate will work in the progressive Brisbane office where you will be exposed to an impressive portfolio of large clients. You will be providing advice to a range of health care providers and retirement living operators including publicly listed groups, private groups and not for profits. Work mix includes: community living litigation; intellectual property; disputes resolution and workplace relations; as well as health and safety.
- CANDIDATE: You will have between 1 and 5 Years PAE, ideally with a litigation focus. You will also have strong commercial skills, demonstrating a motivation for exceptional client service in a specialist environment.
- REWARDS:This firm has an open, caring and supportive culture. You will learn from ex top-tier Partners and be promoted for your efforts.
4 - Associate or SA Litigation Lawyer | 12 Month Contract
- FIRM: An international firm which will elevate your experience to new heights. This is a true career-defining opportunity which will send you in the right direction for a successful career
- ROLE: Our client is currently seeking an experienced litigation lawyer for a 12 month contract (finishing end of 2019)
- WORK: Your role will be across complex insurance litigation matters to include Financial lines as well as professional indemnity construction matters. Direct experience in these areas is not essential but would be well regarded.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will have at least 3 years PAE and be able to demonstrate high performance in complex litigation matters throughout their career.
- BENEFITS: Given this is a contract position, this firm is flexible on salary and is willing to pay high for the right person. You will be given the opportunity to work on large scale matters with some of the biggest clients in the industry.
5 - LITIGATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION ASSOCIATE | 3 – 6 Years PAE
- FIRM: A large National firm. This is one of the fastest growing legal practices in Australia and is likened in many ways to a top-tier in terms of the quality of their work.
- WORK: Working across a number of significant and complex dispute matters in a range of industries. You will regularly be exposed to IP Litigation, Resources, Energy, Finance Recovery, Insolvency and Restructuring, Tax Disputes and Litigation, Property Litigation, and general Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
- CANDIDATE: To be considered for this role you will need a minimum of 3 years' PAE and be commercially astute, solutions focused and have previous experience in a similar role.
- BENEFITS: For the right candidate, a very competitive salary package is on offer as well as numerous other employee benefits. Apply now and you could work in a modern and resourceful office environment, with a social work culture and excellent career development opportunities.
6 - LITIGATION LAWYER | 3-4 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: This is an opportunity with a high-quality commercial law firm with a team of lawyers that are focused on key areas. The successful candidate will work in the progressive Brisbane office where they specialise in community living, intellectual property, disputes resolution and workplace relations, health and safety.
- WORK: This position provides the opportunity to be exposed to an impressive portfolio of large clients. The work mix will include providing advice to a range of health care providers and retirement living operators including publicly listed groups, private groups and not for profits. This will include advice to operators on acquisitions and sales, major incident management, coronial matters and all regulatory issues.
- CANDIDATE: You will have 3-4 Years PAE, ideally with a litigation focus. You will also have strong commercial skills, demonstrating a motivation for exceptional client service in a specialist environment.
- REWARDS: This firm has an open, caring and supportive culture. You will learn from ex top-tier Partners and be promoted for your efforts.
7 - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION LAWYER | 5 YEARS' PAE to SA
- FIRM: This is an opportunity to work in a large Mid-Tier firm with high quality work and a friendly environment. They specialise in handling complex disputes whether instituted in Australia or off-shore.
- WORK: Work mix will involve all aspects of corporate disputes, including major corporate insolvency and ancillary litigation, Australian financial services advice and regulatory infringement claims. You will work for a wide range of clients including large insolvency firms, commercial and residential property developers, retail store chains, local government, and professional sporting teams just to name a few.
- CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have experience in disputes under the Corporations Act, competence in the management of electronic data bases, strong legal and client management skills, and the ability to work in a close-knit team environment.
- BENEFITS: An attractive salary is offered commensurate with experience, together with the opportunity to earn substantial bonuses. This firm has beautiful new offices and great employee benefits.
8 - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION LAWYER | 3-5 YEARS' PAE
- FIRM: This is a resourceful CBD firm comprising ex-top tier Partners. They pride themselves on their reputation earned for handling quality matters and delivering a very high standard of service to clients.
- WORK: You can expect to be challenged with a wide variety of matters including: Commercial contract disputes; ASIC investigations and disputes under the Corporations Act 2001; continuous disclosure issues affecting the share price of public companies; trade practice disputes and compliance; misleading and deceptive conduct; consumer protection issues; resources litigation and joint venture disputes; takeover litigation; federal court matters including complex intellectual property disputes; shareholder litigation and proxy fights; construction litigation; as well as International Arbitration.
- CANDIDATE: You will have 3 - 5 years' PAE and a solid academic record (not necessarily honours). You will come from a mid to top-tier firm and will have experience in quality commercial litigation and dispute resolution. You will feel confident in your ability to add value in a variety of ways including using your initiative as well as being lateral in your thinking and strategic in terms of your technical skills.
9 - LITIGATION LAWYER | 2+ PAE
- FIRM: Work at a top-tier law firm with a national presence and leading expertise across several practise areas!
- WORK: Our client requires a litigation lawyer with a minimum of 2 years PAE. Your role will include a variety of contract disputes, property litigation, class actions, professional negligence claims, mining disputes, building and construction litigation and employment related disputes. You will provide advice to a range of clients under the guidance of experienced and well-regarded Partners.
- CANDIDATE: You will have at least 2 years post admission experience in commercial litigation. The ideal candidate will also be client focused, have commercial drafting skills, a passion for innovative solutions and excellent communication skills.
- REWARDS: In return, you will be given the opportunity to contribute to major organisations and cutting-edge legal matters across a range of industries. There is also a highly competitive remuneration package on offer and other employee benefits.
10 – PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY LITIGATOR | MID-TIER | 2+ YEARS PAE
- FIRM: This firm is an employer of choice for Law Staff due to its many qualities including culture, quality of work, low attrition levels, and strong work-life balance promoted heavily by the Partners. These are reinforced by staff endorsements and the firm receiving Employer of Choice, Equity and Diversity awards over several consecutive years.
- WORK: This is a high performing team environment where you will work on professional indemnity claims across a broad range of industries including the property sector (real estate agents, valuers, surveyors and other property industry participants), the health care sector (including doctors, nurses, hospitals, dentists, allied health care professionals and primary health organisations), brokers, accountants and financial advisers. You will also be exposed to directors’ and officers’ liability claims.
- CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have minimum of 2 years post admission in either general commercial litigation. While highly regarded, experience in professional indemnity or general liability is not required and all training will be provided.
- BENEFITS: Remuneration is in line with relevant experience and is market competitive with other national firms. In addition, this firm has leading edge Employee Relations policies and exceptional work-life balance. Your development will also be supported by a number of senior practitioners.
11 - LITIGATION KNOWLEDGE PRECEDENT LAWYER | 2-5 YEARS' PAE
- FIRM: An international large top-tier firm which has grown and will continue to grow exponentially. They are well recognised and highly regarded by industry peers.
- WORK: You will be responsible for providing a range of Litigation precedents and knowledge management support to the firm. This will include coordinating and administering firm wide precedents; Preparing reports based on new legislation; Overseeing the creation, review and amendment of precedents; Responding to related queries and questions; Managing and implementing a precedent development policy; and Administering access to precedent materials
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong initiative. You will either be a litigation Lawyer with a desire to move into an 'inhouse' position, away from billable targets or alternatively you will have 2-4 years experience in a precedents of knowledge role.
- BENEFITS: Not only will you get away from financial targets you will be personally rewarded for your work with a top-tier salary and an array of staff benefits.
12 - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ASSOCIATE OR SA | 4+ PAE | Gold Coast
- FIRM: This is a highly respected, specialist firm which is well resourced and innovative, with fantastic work place culture. It is also very community minded with a focus on client value to a high standard.
- WORK MIX: You will work on high scale litigation matters in the District, Supreme and High Courts throughout Queensland and Australia. This will include commercial and corporate dispute resolution and litigation, corporate insolvency, bankruptcy, and debt recovery; disputes will ranging from business, to shareholder and contract disputes, property and trust disputes as well as competition and consumer disputes; and acting on behalf of Liquidators, Creditors and Trustees and provide advice to directors with regard to restructuring, asset protection and insolvency administration.
- CANDIDATE: To be successful you will need at least 4 years PAE up to Senior Associate Level. You will also have solid commercial litigation and/or insolvency experience; have a commitment to provide a high degree of client service; and while not essential, experience in mentoring junior staff will be highly regarded.
- BENEFITS: On top of a competitive remuneration package, this firm is very involved in the community with great work-life balance and employee benefits. They have modern offices and collegiate team environment with genuine career progression and development opportunities.
Join one of these busy and expanding CBD firms in their first-class Litigation teams and leverage off their success!
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure.
To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively, please quote Ref No: CL071218 and forward your Professional Profile and supporting documents to:
- Bianca Calder - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane Q 4000
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted