- This is a small sample of the many Corporate roles for which we have current instructions
- Brisbane CBD Locations
- Resources | M&A | Corporate Finance
- Mid and Top-Tier National Firms with Competitive Remuneration and Progression Opportunities.
- FIRM: This is one of Australia's leading national law firms with a top-tier reputation. This firm has a strong history, which prides itself on providing quality legal advice and using innovative technology. They have beautiful offices in Brisbane and a dedicated Corporate team full of hard working lawyers.
- WORK: In this role you can expect to act for clients on takeovers, mergers and acquisitions. Your will day to day involvement will include negotiation and preparation of complex transaction documents, capital raisings, assist publicly listed companies in relation to the ASX listing rules and Corporations Act responsibilities.
- CANDIDATE: You will require 4 Years' PAE minimum at a medium, top or national firm with significant exposure to corporate private enterprise work. You will be comfortable providing advice regarding the corporations Act and ASX Listing rules.
- REWARDS: This is an exceptional firm to work for due to their high-quality matters they work on, as well as an excellent firm culture and work-life balance. They are an employer of choice with contemporary employee friendly policies and remuneration levels that rival the best.
2 - CORPORATE M&A | 3+ YEARS' PAE | FIRM WITH INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- ROLE: We are searching for lawyers to further build our client's expanding Corporate M&A team.
- FIRM: This firm delivers high end corporate and operational legal services to sophisticated listed and unlisted companies operating nationally and internationally within the resources and technology sectors.
- WORK: Regulated and Unregulated Corporate M&A; IPO's and other Capital Raisings; Back Door Listings; Corporate Advisory; and Corporate Governance.
- CANDIDATE: You will need to have a minimum of 3 years' post admission, with the last 12-18 months in regulated Corporate M&A. You will also have sound commercial acumen and have a commitment to working solid hours to achieve client objectives.
- REWARDS: The mentoring opportunities from talented technicians are exceptional, together with real work-life balance, and a 'flat' structure.
3 - CORPORATE FINANCE LAWYER | 2 - 4 Years PAE | TOP-TIER FIRM
- FIRM: Our client is a pre-eminent national law firm and is considered an Employer of Choice by many. They are at the top of their game in terms of technical legal competence and are lauded as legal gentry given they carry themselves with pride and grace, as well as treat their industry colleagues with respect and courtesy. Rarely do we need to recruit for them as they have extremely low staff turnover.
- WORK: In this role your skills will be further developed and honed while gaining exposure to a variety of corporate finance work, including: capital raising and debt funding; corporate financing for major property and infrastructure projects; Acting on concession and financing issues for Utilities Infrastructure; Advising on the acquisition of sizeable assets within the resources sector; Advising on the acquisition of senior debt as well as on restructuring of secondary financing arrangements and secondary debt trade.
- CANDIDATE: Ideally, the successful candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years PAE in corporate finance related matters. These will ideally have been served within a national mid or top tier firm in any capital city of Australia, the United Kingdom, Asia Pacific, or the Middle East. You will also have a sound knowledge of corporate finance, as well as the disciplines inherent in capital raising and financial management.
- REWARDS: In order to attract high calibre candidates, a highly competitive top-tier salary is on offer and is negotiable in line with experience. The firm has a leading Employee Benefits Program including paid post-graduate studies at international tertiary institutions.
4 - CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL LAWYER | 3+ PAE | LONG LIST OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- ROLE: This is an opportunity with a progressive, commercial law firm, with a commitment to excellence.
- FIRM: They are an eastern seaboard firm that is seeking an experienced lawyer to join its growing Corporate and Commercial Team in Brisbane.
- WORK: This position provides the opportunity to be exposed to an impressive portfolio of A list corporate clients. The work mix will include a range of corporate and commercial law matters including corporate advisory, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory matters, cross-border transactions, international transactions, joint ventures, franchising, procurement, TMT & IP.
- CANDIDATE: You will have a knowledge of corporate and commercial law as well as experience in M&A, joint ventures, regulatory matters and IP. You must be 3-6 years' PAE with strong commercial skills, demonstrating a motivation for exceptional client service.
- REWARDS: This firm has an open, caring and supportive culture. They offer a range of employee benefits including health and well-being program, paid parental leave above standard, an extensive in-house learning and development program, a dedicated mentoring program for career-advancement, as well as pro bono activities and regular social events, as well as Friday drinks and monthly lunch for all staff.
5 – CORPORATE COMMERCIAL LAWYER | 1+ YEARS’ PAE
- FIRM: Our client is a large national mid-tier firm with a strong presence in Brisbane and a reputation for excellence. They are the ultimate Employer of Choice offering competitive salaries, as well as multiple staff benefits and a stable and cohesive work environment.
- WORK: Working with three highly regarded partners, you will specialise in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and business structuring. You will also gain exposure to private equity, corporate issues, franchising and procurement.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will have a minimum of 1 years PAE in Corporate M&A.
- REWARDS: This firm’s employee benefits are too long to list as they really look after their staff. They have a sensational health and well-being program as well as a great social club and parental leave policies. They are a huge supporter of gender equality and actively promote respect in the workplace. This is re-affirmed by the awards this firm wins year after year.
6 - ENERGY & RESOURCES LAWYER | 2-6 YEARS' PAE
- ROLE: Our client is looking for a motivated corporate lawyer to join their Corporate & Resources team.
- FIRM: This is a leading national firm where you will be exposed to many of Australia's top 100 companies and multi-nationals. This includes both Australian and International conglomerates.
- WORK: Your role will include mergers and acquisitions in the resources and general corporate sector, asset divestments, drafting joint ventures and farmin agreements, working on renewable energy as well as oil and gas projects, advising on project developments and operational matters including approvals and compliance. You will have the opportunity to advise large clients including energy suppliers, state and federal government, as well as oil and gas companies.
- CANDIDATE: You need at least 2 years' PAE in the corporate or energy sector and should be a self-starter who can work as part of a team in order to meet client needs and deadlines. You must also have sound academics (Honours minimum 5.25 GPA).
- REWARDS: Top-tier salary, together with being mentored by the Partners in this group who are consistently ranked among Australia's and the world's leading corporate lawyers. And worth noting is the fact that you will not have a Budget - ever!
Join one of these busy and expanding CBD firms in their first-class corporate teams and leverage off their success
THE NEXT STEP
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your prerequisites in that next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure.
To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively, please quote Ref No: CO030818 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Bianca Calder - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.