- In-House Legal with an Iconic International Brand
- Brisbane based position
- Front-End Construction focus with Procurement and Contracts
- 12 month contract
- Remuneration Negotiable $155K to $175K package
- Previous In-House or National Firm experience is essential
This particular client operates globally and is ranked one of the largest listed companies by market cap in the Asia Pacific Rim.
With more than 1800+ employees across Australia, Senior Executives of the Australian operations are located in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, and report to an offshore Board.
This particular position reports to the General Counsel and Company Secretary and requires a person who is committed to excellence, can work with a high level of autonomy, is service-oriented towards business unit managers, has a commercially pragmatic approach to providing legal solutions within acceptable risk parameters, as well as having a grounded disposition.
Working with a phenomenal legal team you can expect the position to be focused on contract negotiation and management with some overflow work in other areas:
- construction contracts – drafting and negotiating DCM contracts for capital works projects and maintenance of facilities utilising bespoke precedents which have been based on Australian Standard form contracts;
- commercial contracts - reviewing and negotiating terms across a broad range of commercial instruments such as procurement; supply agreements; marketing/media agreements; professional services (legal, accounting, engineering); specialist consulting services; transport; finance; along with intellectual property and risk management considerations;
- property - reviewing lease agreements; easements; and some real estate purchases;
- general commercial - giving general assistance to the HR Team on employment contracts and HR policy documentation; assisting in resolving any HR grievances; workplace health and safety issues; assisting on general compliance as well as general corporate advisory.
You will have 5 or more years post-admission experience (with 6 to 12 years being ideal) with a level of competency to work autonomously and without supervision.
As a mandatory core skill set, you must have demonstrative drafting skills in construction law, as well as the capacity to draft more diverse/general contracts from first principles on occasion, particularly when assisting senior executives on novel transactions. Ideally you will have recently worked in-house or within a mid-tier or first-tier national environment where your skills have been honed.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
Remuneration is attractive and will be negotiated with the individual. $155K to $175K total package (inclusive of superannuation) can be used as a general guide.
The role is being offered as a 12 month contract to commence as soon as possible.
This is a highly professional yet relaxed work environment centred on technical competence, mutual respect, and a collaborative mindset.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for lawyers at all levels and has an uncompromising commitment to confidentiality.
Most importantly, we treat this as a two-way information sharing session to allow you to make an informed decision whether to move forward with an expression of interest to this employer. We will only ever confer with our client after you have done your research and at a time when you have expressed in writing that you are ready to take that cautious next step. Absolutely everything stays in the vault until that time.
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer a lounge room setting for a relaxed discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skillset and interests. In an effort to secure your opportunity for an uncompromisingly confidential discussion on this role, please email your details through to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not entirely suitable then we would still enjoy the opportunity of hearing from you. We often work on roles that are not advertised, with a range of positions across private practice and in- house.
We look forward to engaging with shortlisted candidates.