- Lateral Opportunity for an SC or Director
- Professional Indemnity | Financial and Construction Lines
- Aggressively growing national firm
- Leading Remuneration & Benefits
Law Staff has been engaged by the Board of a resourceful and highly regarded national insurance firm to assist with the management of their professional indemnity team. It has an established multi-million dollar Brisbane fee base and has a requirement for a strong technician in Professional Indemnity in either or both areas:
- Financial Lines - acting for insured Accountants, Financial and Investment Advisers, Stockbrokers, Fund Managers, Mortgage Brokers, as well as Directors & Officers.
- Construction Lines - acting for insured Engineers, Architects, Surveyors, Valuers, Town Planners, Certifiers, Construction Managers, and Project Managers.
The firm's Partners and Lawyers pride themselves on their ability to relate to clients and deliver superior legal advice through technical excellence, commercial insight, well-developed communication skills, and the ability to run claims systematically meeting stringent timelines.
The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated professionals credited by peers as having a strong industry presence in their respective areas.
As part of its growth strategy, the Brisbane office is looking to appoint a senior Professional Indemnity Lawyer and has the capacity to accommodate people at various entry points, including:
- A Special Counsel, Director, or former Barrister looking for full-time engagement on a fixed term contract basis of 6 to 12 months;
- A Special Counsel, Director, or former Barrister looking for a permanent role on a full-time basis; or
- A Special Counsel, Director, or former Barrister looking for a permanent role on a part-time basis of say 4 days.
At Special Counsel or Director level you will have the confidence to assume responsibility for the full conduct of your files, the ongoing management of client relationships, as well as in mentoring and team leadership.
Ideally you will have experience with a mid or top tier insurance firm acting on behalf of a number of prominent insurers or international underwriters.
You can expect to be remunerated in accordance with the profile you personally carry in your area of practice and any relationships you can bring to the table.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to re-calibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its Partners and Senior Lawyers. Those that have managed this well have emerged as magnets to others looking to transition to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for Partners, Special Counsel, Directors and whole teams. These moves have been to specialist, mid or top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer a virtual meeting over FaceTime, Zoom, or Skype allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For an uncompromising confidential discussion, please contact our Director and Senior Client Advisor - Craig Ashton-Sward on either:
- 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)