- Resourceful National Law Firm
- Government Panel firm
- Circa $250K (SC), $350K+ Bonuses (SP), to $1M+ (EP)
With the average age of its Partners in their early 40's, it is a firm with a deep level of technical capability while also being a relatively young and highly collaborative partnership.
Our client has a strategic plan of expanding further with the appointment of an additional Salaried Partner in their Government Practice. The appointment will also accommodate a Special Counsel looking to step up to Salaried Partner level on commencement. The firm is on several Panels for Local Government, State Government, and Commonwealth Government and is looking to increase their service levels while having an acute understanding of the financial, ethical, legislative and policy frameworks in servicing their clients' needs.
The firm is now seeking a talented lawyer ideally of 10 to 20 years experience to join their highly-regarded practice. You will work with 4 other Partners who work across the Government space, in managing and mentoring a team while jointly managing client relationships across a range of matters including:
- FOI and access to information requests;
- Federal and Supreme Court judicial review proceedings;
- Workplace relations, employment and safety;
- Property transactions - including acquisitions and leasing;
- Planning and environment;
- Corporate governance;
- Projects and infrastructure;
- Public Private Partnerships; as well as
- Government restructuring and asset disposals.
The expectations are genuinely for 10-20 years post-admission experience in several (not all) of these service lines, a fair portion of which must have been recently obtained within Brisbane in a specialist firm, a mid-tier, or a large practice where your skills have been developed in that Government stream.
Indicative of your skillset in servicing these demographic clients, you will have existing relationships at various levels within local, state or commonwealth departments.
In addition, you will have well-developed team management skills and a high level of commercial acumen and a strong client focus.
WHAT YOU GET
This is a lateral appointment into Partnership. For entry level Partners they offer generous salaries, plus bonuses on modest KPI's. For Equity Partners their earnings are in excess of industry benchmarks without the need to compromise on prestige or resources.
While other firms are cost-shedding to maintain their profit pool, this firm maintains an extensive local and national back-office infrastructure that underpins the very success of each partner.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to recalibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its partners. Those that have managed this have emerged as magnets to other partners looking to transition their clients to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for partners (and whole teams) to specialist, mid or top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For a uncompromisingly confidential discussion, please contact either:
- Craig Ashton-Sward (Director & Senior Client Advisor)
- 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)
- Trudy Reading (Client Advisor)
Feel free to maintain your anonymity in the first instance if you choose.