Based in the firm's Sydney office, and reporting to the National HR Manager in Brisbane, you will be the face of HR for the Sydney office. As such, you will be the first point of call for HR queries in the Sydney office, in addition to driving the Learning and Development program for the firm nationally.
You can expect your responsibilities to include:
- Development and implementation of the firm's CLE program nationally;
- induction and on-boarding of staff;
- Management of Graduate program;
- Making recommendations for training and development across the firm;
- Coordinate L&D programs for all staff (support and professional);
- Management of the L&D budgeting and reporting;
- Ongoing refinement of HR and L&D policies and procedures; and
- Operational HR activities including utilisation and internal resourcing for the Sydney office;
- Talent recruitment and retention - both directly and through key service providers;
- Management of staffing levels, including forecasting and budgeting in collaboration with Practice group leaders and the National HR team;
- Performance management;
- Strategic planning with other senior management for growth and diversification;
- General HR projects.
Personal attributes which will see you thrive in this role include:
- Self motivation and ability to be relatively self sufficient;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, judgment and discretion;
- Ability to lead by example in motivation and influencing staff with positive and proactive approach;
- Professional presentation;
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels;
- Strong organisational and time-management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- A 'can do' attitude with the ability to think outside the box.
Working as part of a supportive professional team, you will have the opportunity take your career to the next level whilst being rewarded with a highly competitive salary and many generous staff benefits.
The firm is highly competitive in meeting market salary expectations. Whilst they remain negotiable depending on the skillset of the individual, a salary package upwards of $130,000 as been budgeted for this growth position.
The Next Step
We have an uncompromising commitment to confidentiality, such that everything stays in the proverbial vault until you confirm in writing that you would like to move beyond our one-on-one discussions and meet with the relevant Managers and Partners. We provide detailed information to allow you to make an informed decision and to do research at your own leisure.
For an uncompromisingly confidential discussion and to obtain more information on this particular position, contact Senior Client Advisor, Trudy Reading on 07 3221 1229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane Q 4000