- In-house Employer | Intermediate to Senior | Growing Practice
- Public Liability and Medical Negligence focus
- 6 Month Contract with a strong view to extension
- Competitive Remuneration | REAL Work Life Balance!
Our client, a fast-growing organisation has asked us to assist them with the appointment of an insurance Lawyer to their Brisbane CBD based organisation.
If you are seeking to broaden your skillset and gain access to cutting edge legal matters whilst maintaining genuine work life balance then you have found your match!
You will work closely with industry leaders to provide advice on some of the most complex and contentious matters which will involve, but are not limited to:
- Personal Injury claims, public liability matters, Historical child sexual abuse claims and medical indemnity claims;
- Matters before all State and Federal Courts and Tribunals;
- Providing representation at and advice on dispute resolution procedures;
- Drafting pleadings, affidavits and other court documents;
- Appearing as Counsel on interlocutory applications; and
- Advice, submissions and correspondence in relation to liability, evidence, quantum settlement, costs or other aspects of matters arising from the carriage of the action
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Between 5 to 10 years post admission experience within a defendant insurance team;
- Plaintiff Lawyers will also be considered, depending on your experience;
- PIPA and/or medical indemnity experience highly desirable;
- Knowledge of the UCPR and Civil Liability Act
- Excellent written and oral communication skills of a high professional standard;
- Exceptional drafting skills;
- High level of commercial acumen, and
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment.
This is a career-defining opportunity to move into an in-house role within a positive, team environment offering:
- Highly competitive remuneration;
- REAL work life balance;
- Ongoing training & development with the opportunity to learn from the best;
- This is a full-time role but they will consider someone 4 days per week if that is your preference; and
- A friendly and supportive team environment.
THE NEXT STEP
Our usual relaxed lounge setting at 300 Queen Street will for the time being, be replaced by virtual interviews where you will have the choice of a 1-on-1 or a Multiparty Meeting via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or Telephone, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your prerequisites in that next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile.
Alternatively, please quote Ref No:IN091020 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Bianca Calder - firstname.lastname@example.org
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.