As a greenfields role, you will be responsible for establishing the in-house legal function while working collaboratively with their exisiting external legal panel.
The role will see you reporting directly to the Managing Director and working collaboratively with the CFO and Development Manager. Your primary focus will be to handle most of the transactional legal requirements of this role in-house (as opposed to briefing external panel), including but not limited to:
- Site acquisitions and due diligence;
- Reviewing and providing advice on finance documents;
- Advising on obligations under the PPSA requirements;
- Development applications and registration of plans;
- Preparation of Contracts and Disclosure Statements, Option Agreements, Deeds of Assignment, Consent Caveats for Call Options, as well as exercising Put & Call options as applicable;
- Drafting general commercial agreements;
- Ancillary contract advice on Standard Form building contracts;
- Refining and continuing the development of suites of legal documents;
- Advising on ancillary tax and stamp duty issues;
- Cottage conveyancing on the sale of individual lots (200 per annum); as well as
- Liaising with government authorities.
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic commercially minded lawyers with 3-6 years post-qualification experience and a strong interest in property development.
The successful candidate must have experience working on property law transactions, including residential flat land developments. Exceptional drafting and negotiation skills are also imperative for this role.
You will also be expected you have excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills alongside a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
This is truly a sensational opportunity to excel your career in a professional, yet relaxed team environment offering genuine work-life balance. You can expect your contact hours to be roughly 8.30am/9.00am to 5.00pm with additional hours being the exception rather than the rule. Part-time hours will also be considered.
You will be compensated with a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your experience.
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us an understanding of your skills as well as ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile on this role and other opportunities for you to research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: IHP120119 and email your Resume in Word format to either:
- Trudy Reading - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ena Pita - email@example.com
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
LAW STAFF | LEVEL 22, 300 QUEEN STREET BRISBANE | 07 3221 1229