Law Staff has been retained exclusively on this rare in-house opportunity for a Senior Lawyer to work on significant matters.
Our client is one of the largest institutions in its market segment in Australia, with a 100+ year history and exponential growth in recent times. They maintain an unparalleled reputation for excellence and are renowned for their service delivery and customer focus. The company employs over 2000 people Australia wide and runs a high performing ex-top tier legal team that has won a number of awards for their innovation and technical competence.
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has become available in the Corporate Legal team, as it embarks on an exciting journey of organisation change and rapid growth. This role will have a particular focus on Insurance Regulatory Enforcement issues –
- Preparing for and responding to Regulator’s enforcement notices (ASIC, AUSTRAC, ACCC, Pricing Enquiries, etc);
- Assembling privileged information;
- Conduct and briefing out of material pieces of litigation as well as joint venture litigation;
- Preventative work to ensure greater regulatory compliance such as the disentanglement of any corporate structures that could pose a threat.
- Joint Venture Agreements;
- Commercial Contracts (Finance agreements, Technology & IP, Property Maintenance agreements, Consultancy agreements, General Services);
- Advising on issues that arise throughout the life-cycle of a contract;
- Reviewing and approving marketing material; and
- Advising on privacy, competition and IP protection issues.
There is flexibility on the level of post-admission experience however minimum of 5 years experience working in the defence of Insurance regulatory enforcement (or in regulatory enforcement itself) is required. Alternatively, you may have a minimum of 5 years experience in Insurance with some exposure to regulatory issues and a willingness to learn. Prior experience in a large private practice environment is a preferred demographic for the training received however quality in-house experience would also be well-received.
This is a career-defining opportunity to move into an in-house role within a positive team environment offering:
- Genuine work-life balance;
- Learning and development programs providing real opportunities for advancement within the company;
- Attractive remuneration negotiated in line with the skillset and experience of the individual;
- Bonuses based on organisational, group, and individual performance;
- Subsidised on-site cafe;
- Corporate discounts;
- Free onsite parking and gym membership;
- Salary sacrifice options; and
- Corporate health discounts and benefits.
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us an understanding of your skills as well as ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile on this role and other opportunities for you to research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: REGIH070120 and email your Resume in Word format to either:
- Bianca Calder- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trudy Reading - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.