- Rare In-House Commercial Litigation & Regulatory Role
- Premier Corporate Brand
- Work-Life Balance and Workplace Flexibility
Law Staff has been retained exclusively on this rare in-house opportunity for a Senior Lawyer to work on significant Litigation and Regulatory matters.
Our client is one of the largest institutions in its market segment in Australia, with a 100+ year history and exponential growth in recent times. They maintain an unparalleled reputation for excellence and are renowned for their service delivery and customer focus. The company employs over 2000 people Australia wide and runs a high performing ex-top tier legal team that has won a number of awards for their innovation and technical competence.
Due to growth, coupled with an internal transfer, an opportunity has become available in the Corporate Legal team as it embarks on an exciting journey of organisational change and industry reform. This role will have a particular focus on three key areas including:
- Litigation and Insurance – Conduct and briefing out of material pieces of litigation including professional indemnity against a licensee; joint venture party disputes; and briefing external Panel law firms on litigious matters generally;
- Regulatory Matters - Managing impromptu onsite visits from regulatory bodies (ASIC, AUSTRAC, ACCC, APRA, etc) in their effort to identify regulatory breaches; Negotiating and managing issues with key Regulators; Preparing for and responding to Regulator’s enforcement notices as well as Pricing Enquiries; Assembling privileged information;
- Corporate | Commercial - review of Product Disclosure Statements to ensure compliance with recent legislative changes to the Treasury Laws Amendment (Design and Distribution Obligations and Product Intervention Powers) Act; Preventative work to ensure greater regulatory compliance such as the disentanglement of any corporate structures that could pose a threat; working collaboratively with the rest of the legal team on commercial structuring; Commercial Drafting including review and advice on Contracts and Procurement; General BAU issues.
There is flexibility on the level of post-admission experience however a minimum of 5 years' experience working in the defence of insurance claims as well as regulatory matters is required. Alternatively, you may have a minimum of 5 years experience in financial services with some exposure to regulatory issues and a willingness to learn. Prior experience in an in-house or large private practice environment is the preferred demographic.
Additionally, you have the ability to contribute to a team that comprises diverse skillsets, yet one that is aligned by common purpose and values.
If you are looking for an organisation that provides a broad range of challenging and intellectually stimulating work, as well as a range of employee benefits in return for your effort, then this role may be for you. The organisation is known for its positive corporate culture, in-house learning and development programs and for providing real opportunities for advancement both within the legal team and the broader business. The many benefits of this career-defining role include:
- Genuine work-life balance (8:30am to 5:30pm);
- Genuine workplace flexibility (office + remote);
- Learning and development programs providing real opportunities for advancement within the company;
- Attractive remuneration negotiated in line with the skillset and experience of the individual;
- Bonuses based on organisational, group, and individual performance;
- Subsidised on-site cafe;
- Subsidised gym membership;
- Corporate discounts;
- Free onsite parking;
- Salary sacrifice options; and
- Corporate health discounts and benefits.
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us an understanding of your skills as well as ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile on this role and other opportunities for you to research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: IH100220 and email your Resume in Word format to either:
- Bianca Calder- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trudy Reading - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.