- Aggressively growing national firm
- Several lateral Partner and Director opportunities
- Various defendant insurance lines
- Leading Remuneration & Benefits
Law Staff has been engaged by the Board of a resourceful national insurance firm that is relatively new to Brisbane to assist with strategic growth for the Brisbane office. It has an established multi-million dollar Brisbane fee base yet the firm is looking to expand the breadth of its services as well as deepen their existing insurance lines in the following areas:
- Public Liability;
- Transport and Property Damage;
- Workers Compensation, specifically for self-insureds;
- Employment, Workplace Relations & Safety; as well as
- Professional Indemnity, specifically Financial & Construction Lines.
The firm's Partners and Lawyers pride themselves on their ability to relate to clients and deliver superior legal advice through technical excellence, commercial insight, well-developed communication skills, and the ability to run claims systematically meeting stringent timelines.
The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated professionals credited by peers as having a strong industry presence in their respective areas.
As part of its growth strategy, the Board is looking to appoint multiple senior insurance lawyers and have the capacity to accommodate people at various entry points, including:
- Partner level looking to migrate their practice; or at
- Director or Special Counsel level looking to advance their career off the back of a modest client following; and also
- a Team of insurance lawyers from Partner level down to the junior lawyer level.
Ideally you will have experience with a mid or top tier insurance firm acting on behalf of a number of state-based insurers and government bodies, self-insureds, third party administrators, and or national and international underwriters.
In stark contrast to other national insurance practices, the firm promotes the responsibility of claims management in harmony with true work-life balance. As such, they are able to accommodate reduced hours and or a blend of 'office+remote' contact to suit the individual's personal circumstances.
You can expect to be remunerated in accordance with the profile you personally carry in your area of practice and any relationships you can bring to the table.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to re-calibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its partners. Those that have managed this well have emerged as magnets to other partners looking to transition their clients to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for partners, and whole teams, to specialist, mid or top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For an uncompromisingly confidential discussion, please contact our Director and Senior Client Advisor - Craig Ashton-Sward on either:
- 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)