1+ PAE to SENIOR ASSOCIATE LEVEL - Health Law | Professional Indemnity | Public Liability | Workers Compensation | CTP
- Real Work-life Balance | Career progression available for the right candidate
- National Mid- Tier firms with Excellent Market Reputation
- Choose from a number of roles | Apply confidential today
- ROLE: Medical Indemnity Lawyer with at least 1 Years’ Experience
- FIRM: This an employer of choice with contemporary employee friendly policies and remuneration levels that rival the best.
- WORK: You will work on some of Australia’s most notable medical negligence claims and professional liability cases. This role is likely to be 95% medical negligence, but there may be some disciplinary work with AHPRA and some health work from an advisory perspective.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 years PAE with a mid-tier national or top-tier firm. Solid Medical Indemnity experience is a must.
- BENEFITS: This is a career-defining role where you will develop a specialist skillset which is sought after in the industry.
2 - GENERAL LIABILITY LAWYER | 2 - 4 Years PAE
- FIRM: A long standing mid-tier firm with a number of specialty areas. This firm has a particular focus on Defendant insurance and is known in the industry for being at the top of their game. Choose from a Brisbane CBD or Melbourne Office role.
- WORK: General insurance to include public liability and product liability. You will be exposed to a variety of matters and clientele.
- CANDIDATE: If you have one-year experience in general liability at a mid-tier defendant insurance firm we want to hear from you! Candidates considered from 2 to 4 years PAE, however must have an insurance back ground.
- BENEFITS: This firm has a fantastic inclusive culture and really looks after its staff with a long list of employee benefits. Remuneration is negotiable in line with relevant experience.
- FIRM: National Australian firm with a great reputation for specialising in Defendant insurance has a new position in their, Public and Product Liability team.
- WORK: A wide range of public and product liability work with a mix of personal injury and property damage files.
- CANDIDATE: To be considered for this position you must have 5 years post admission experience in commercial and insurance litigation. You will also need strong technical abilities as well as a proven ability to mentor and manage junior lawyers.
- BENEFITS: If progression is what you’re looking for promotion at this firm is based on merit not length of service. This firm has a great culture which is diverse, collegiate, innovative and open within their team. They also give back to the community and will offer a competitive remuneration package.
- ROLE: Commercial Litigation Lawyer with Professional Indemnity Focus
- FIRM: This firm is an employer of choice for Law Staff due to its many qualities including culture, quality of work, low attrition levels, and strong work-life balance promoted heavily by the Partners. These are reinforced by staff endorsements and the firm receiving Employer of Choice, Equity and Diversity awards over several consecutive years.
- WORK: This is a high performing team environment where you will work on professional indemnity claims across a broad range of industries including the property sector (real estate agents, valuers, surveyors and other property industry participants), the health care sector (including doctors, nurses, hospitals, dentists, allied health care professionals and primary health organisations), brokers, accountants and financial advisers. You will also be exposed to directors’ and officers’ liability claims.
- CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have minimum of 2 years post admission experience in professional indemnity or general liability.
- BENEFITS: Remuneration is in line with relevant experience and is market competitive with other national firms. In addition, this firm has leading edge Employee Relations policies and exceptional work-life balance. Your development will also be supported by a number of senior practitioners.
- FIRM: A well respected law firm with a long and stable history in providing quality advise to a high calibre of clients.
- WORK: You will advise clients on complex statutory and liability claims, property recovery claims, multiple party actions, indemnity and quantum issues, scheme-sensitive matters and complex litigation. This will include a range of sectors including government, hospitality, construction, schools, churches and small businesses.
- CANDIDATE: To apply for this position you must have 3 years experience working on defendant liability claims at an insurance firm.
- BENEFITS: This firm provides spacious modern offices, together with a high calibre client base and collaborative and supportive team environment.
- FIRM: This reputable eastern seaboard firm currently has a vacancy within their CTP Insurance team. Our client is an industry leader in the Commercial sphere advising clients nationally on a raft of issues. The firm strives for excellence whilst maintaining a customer focus and strong team values.
- WORK: In this position, you will be a valued member of the team assisting Partners from Insurance. You will provide cohesive and legally technical advice on a range of CTP matters including multi-vehicle accident claims involving major and catastrophic injuries. You can expect to be challenged with complex liability disputes and strongly contested damages claims.
- CANDIDATE: The firm is seeking a highly motivated individual with at least 3 years post admission experience. CTP defendant insurance experience is essential. You will also have the opportunity to provide mentoring within the team so previous exposure to this will be highly regarded.
- BENEFITS: You will join a team of motivated individuals who are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal service to their clients. The culture of this firm is collaborative and team-oriented and they encourage continued learning and development. They have a positive and caring environment and the Partners lead by example. A highly competitive remuneration package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with your experience.
- FIRM: Join a leading mid-tier law firm with a quality team of health lawyers that has grown rapidly in recent times.
- WORK: Acting for health and allied health professionals, you will work on a range of files from personal injury insurance matters involving negligence and malpractice to professional indemnity matters including prosecutions and disciplinary proceedings.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years PAE in an insurance team with experience in either professional indemnity, health law and /or disciplinary proceedings.
- BENEFITS: You will have the opportunity to work on large scale matters including coronial inquests and Commissions of Inquiry which will excel your career while working for a company that really looks after their staff.
- FIRM: This role is with a large, mid-tier firm with a top-tier reputation.
- WORK: This role involves a wide range of Defendant Insurance matters including public liability, workers compensation and product liability. You will have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in the construction, resources and infrastructure sectors.
- CANDIDATE: You need to be a hard worker, admitted to the profession, ideally with 6 months post admission experience at a mid or top-tier firm.
- REWARDS: This firm provides spacious modern offices, together with a high calibre client base and collaborative and supportive team environment. You will also have access to their wellbeing program include gym, discounted products insurance, corporate massage, and social club. Definitely an Employer of Choice.
- FIRM: A large global law firm with offices across Australia across a range of various disciplines. This office is located in Brisbane’s CBD and has a growth requirement for a general liability insurance lawyers.
- WORK: There is currently a role available for a Defendant Insurance solicitor working alongside talented Partners, on public liability insurance matters.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have at least one years’ experience in Defendant Insurance at a mid or top-tier firm. Lawyers with 1-4 years PAE will be considered. Additionally, you will be looking to progress your career within Insurance, and possess commercial acumen, strong attention to detail and good academics (above 5.0 GPA). In this role you will be able to build on your existing skill set with the safety net of more senior insurance lawyers who are readily accessible on a daily basis.
- BENEFITS: This is a career defining move where you will have an international firm on your CV, gaining exposure to interesting and complex matters with A-list clients. You will also have the opportunity for international secondments, combined with an attractive salary package.
- FIRM: An international large top-tier firm which has grown and will continue to grow exponentially. They are well recognised and highly regarded by industry peers.
- WORK: Your role will be across complex insurance matters to include public, property, and product liability (including catastrophic claims). You will also gain exposure to personal injury and professional indemnity matters.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will have at least 3 years PAE and experience across defendant insurance.
- BENEFITS: This is a true career-defining opportunity which will send you in the right direction for a successful career. You will be given the opportunity to work on large scale matters with some of the biggest clients in the industry. This firm also pays at the top of the market and really looks after their staff.
- FIRM: An Eastern Seaboard Insurance specialist firm that represents insurers, businesses and government departments.
- WORK:Due to its growth and increased work load, this firm has new role available. Predominately defendant Insurance in Workers Compensation for WorkCover itself as well as for institutional Self-Insured Employers.
- CANDIDATE: A minimum of 5 Years post-admission experience either ready to step into a Senior Associate role or already an experience SA. An interest in workers compensation is a must, together with great drafting skills for claims. Additionally, you will possess commercial acumen, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. While not essential, experience in mentoring junior staff will be highly regarded.
- BENEFITS: Our client is offering a highly competitive market salary in addition to a range of leading employee benefits which demonstrate their commitment to the well-being of their staff. Genuine career progression and development opportunities. Modern offices and a collegiate team environment.
12 - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY ASSOCIATE or SA | 4 + Years PAE
- FIRM: Due to growth in their Insurance practice this is a newly created position at a National firm. They have a long standing legal practice with service offerings across a range of sectors.
- WORK: You will gain exposure to a wide variety of professional indemnity matters. Clients will include a range of professionals to include accountants, health professionals, certifiers, auditors, lawyers, engineers, financial planners and architects.
- CANDIDATE: You must have at least 4 years post admission experience having worked on a range of professional indemnity matters.
- BENEFITS: You will have the opportunity to work with reputable partners and have a clear path for career progression. This firm also has a great work-life balance and employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, staff mentors, social club and discounted legal services.
- FIRM: Due to continued growth, our client is seeking to add an experienced Insurance Lawyer to join their team due to increased exposure to cyber risk.
- WORK: Working closely with dynamic Partners who are industry leaders in terms of technical skills, this role will see you running a range of insurance litigation including general liability matters with a focus on cyber risk. You will also be exposed to public liability, professional indemnity, product damage and personal injury.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will have at least 3 years post admission experience with candidates being considered up to Associate level. You will have well-developed insurance experience and enjoy problem solving and complex advice work. A passion for cyber risk and interest in developing in this area wold be ideal.
- BENEFITS: This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented technician who is looking to have a speciality in a particular area, while still maintaining variety of work. The successful candidate will continue to hone their technical skills, whilst gaining exposure to a range of intellectually stimulating files.
- FIRM: Our client is a leading and progressive mid-tier firm with a reputation second-to-none. They pride themselves on providing exceptional client service and quality work, whilst maintaining a close-knit and inclusive workplace, and a real work-life balance underpinned by extremely reasonable budgets.
- WORK: Insurance Litigation predominately in Workers Compensation on behalf of WorkCover with some exposure to PIPA proceedings. You may also work on some public liability, product liability and general insurance.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have at least 1 year post admission experience at a reputable firm. You will have considerable exposure to workers compensation matters and be looking to further specialise in this area.
- BENEFITS: As an award winning mid-tier firm and Employer of Choice, they are a firm who value their staff and as such offer highly competitive salaries as well as genuine work-life balance across the firm.
THE NEXT STEP
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your prerequisites in that next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure.
To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively, please quote Ref No: DI290819 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Kirra Gaskell - email@example.com
- Bianca Calder - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig Ashton-Sward - email@example.com
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.