- Highly Competitive Remuneration Packages + Bonuses
- Mid, Top-Tier and National Firms | Progress your career
- THE FIRM: This is a highly respected, specialist firm with a phenomenal opportunity for growth. This firm is well resourced and innovative, has an exceptional work place culture; service oriented with a focus on value-adding to clients at every opportunity; has extensive community involvement; and is considered by many to be an Employer of Choice.
- WORK: Our client is growing and seeks an additional Senior Associate or Special Counsel with a high level of technical expertise to join their Brisbane office. This will include confidently managing your own matters from commencement to completion and enjoying the responsibility of taking a lead role in mentoring and providing leadership to Junior Lawyers within the team. You will also have a valued input into client relationship management and new business development in collaboration with partners of the firm.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have a minimum 6 years PAE (applications considered up to SC level) working in Commercial Litigation and ideally experience in mentoring junior lawyers.
- THE BENEFITS: Market leading remuneration package based on the level of skills and competency that you bring to the table (mid to high $1's should be used as a guide); Genuine career progression and development opportunities; Modern offices and a collegiate team environment; and This firm is very involved in the community with great work-life balance and employee benefits.
- FIRM: Our client is a technically well regarded firm that has undergone substantial growth in recent years. They have a reputation second-to-none and are a leader in the gold Coast market. In addition, they promote development and progression.The firm has an enviable profile in the legal community as being a high performing culture acting for institutional clients and SME’s and delivering on their expectations.
- WORK: Their litigation team is led by experienced and talented Partners servicing blue-chip clientèle and work on quality and diverse matters. This role is to work across high scale commercial litigation matters in the District, Supreme and High Courts throughout Queensland including: Corporate Contract Disputes; Shareholder and Contract Disputes;Class Actions;Takeover Disputes; Tax Litigation;Property and Trust Disputes; Public and Private Investigations;Insolvency and Bankruptcy; Restructuring and Asset Protection; Intellectual Property Litigation; and Competition and Consumer Disputes.
- CANDIDATE: To be successful in this role you will have 4+ years' of post-admission commercial litigation experience, and be eager to take the next step in your career.
- BENEFITS: On top of a competitive remuneration package, this firm is very involved in the community with great work-life balance and employee benefits. They have modern offices and collegiate team environment with genuine career progression and development opportunities.
3 - LITIGATION SOLICITOR | 1 - 4 YEARS' PAE
- FIRM: This is an expanding international firm which will allow you to progress your career exponentially. It is recognised and highly regarded by industry peers.
- WORK: Working in the litigation group, you can expect to work across a broad range of disputes from oil & gas through to construction litigation. This is an impressive book of clients including a number of high-profile claims and international matters.
- CANDIDATE: To be successful in this role you will have at least 1-year post admission experience, with applicants considered up to Associate level. You will have experience across commercial litigation, with good academics and ideally mid or top-tier lineage.
- BENEFITS: This role will progress your career to new levels and you will be personally rewarded for your work with a top-tier salary and an array of staff benefits.
- FIRM: This is a resourceful CBD firm comprising ex-top tier Partners. They pride themselves on their reputation earned for handling quality matters and delivering a very high standard of service to clients.
- WORK: You can expect to be challenged with a wide variety of matters including: Commercial contract disputes; ASIC investigations and disputes under the Corporations Act 2001; continuous disclosure issues affecting the share price of public companies; trade practice disputes and compliance; misleading and deceptive conduct; consumer protection issues; resources litigation and joint venture disputes; takeover litigation; federal court matters including complex intellectual property disputes; shareholder litigation and proxy fights; construction litigation; as well as International Arbitration.
- CANDIDATE: You will have 3 - 5 years' PAE and a solid academic record (not necessarily honours). You will come from a mid to top-tier firm and will have experience in quality commercial litigation and dispute resolution. You will feel confident in your ability to add value in a variety of ways including using your initiative as well as being lateral in your thinking and strategic in terms of your technical skills.
- FIRM: A South East QLD firm with an exceptional reputation and strong growth in recent years. They have a friendly atmosphere where you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Partner, receiving quality training and mentorship to advance your career.
- WORK: Thisis a broad commercial position with a varied and challenging work mix including disputes under the corporations act; property disputes, resources litigation, breach of commercial contract, administrative law intellectual property disputes, corporate fraud, international commercial arbitration, Construction litigation and BCIPA work
- CANDIDATE: You will have at least 4 years experience working on similar matters. You will also be either at (or working towards) Associate with strong technical skills.
- REWARDS: This firm has a proven history of elevating people to partnership based on merit and not seniority. The remuneration is also top of the market.
6 - LITIGATION LAWYER | 2 to 5+ Years PAE
- FIRM: This is an opportunity with a high-quality commercial law firm with a team of lawyers that are focused on key areas. They are expanding quickly, with multiple roles due to growth so it is a very exciting time to be a part of the team.
- WORK: The successful candidate will work in the progressive Brisbane office where you will be exposed to an impressive portfolio of large clients. You will be providing advice to a range of health care providers and retirement living operators including publicly listed groups, private groups and not for profits. Work mix includes: community living litigation; intellectual property; disputes resolution and workplace relations; as well as health and safety.
- CANDIDATE: You will have between 2 and 5 Years PAE, ideally with a litigation focus. You will also have strong commercial skills, demonstrating a motivation for exceptional client service in a specialist environment.
- REWARDS:This firm has an open, caring and supportive culture. You will learn from ex top-tier Partners and be promoted for your efforts.
7 - LITIGATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION ASSOCIATE | 3 – 6 Years PAE
- FIRM: A large National firm. This is one of the fastest growing legal practices in Australia and is likened in many ways to a top-tier in terms of the quality of their work.
- WORK: Working across a number of significant and complex dispute matters in a range of industries. You will regularly be exposed to IP Litigation, Resources, Energy, Finance Recovery, Insolvency and Restructuring, Tax Disputes and Litigation, Property Litigation, and general Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
- CANDIDATE: To be considered for this role you will need a minimum of 3 years' PAE and be commercially astute, solutions focused and have previous experience in a similar role.
- BENEFITS: For the right candidate, a very competitive salary package is on offer as well as numerous other employee benefits. Apply now and you could work in a modern and resourceful office environment, with a social work culture and excellent career development opportunities.
8 - LITIGATION LAWYER | SENIOR ASSOCIATE
- FIRM: Work at a mid-tier law firm with a national presence and leading expertise across several practise areas!
- WORK: Our client requires a litigation lawyer at Senior Associate Level. Your role will include a variety of contract disputes, property litigation, class actions, professional negligence claims, mining disputes, building and construction litigation and employment related disputes. You will provide advice to a range of clients under the guidance of experienced and well-regarded Partners.
- CANDIDATE: You will have at least 7 years post admission experience in commercial litigation. The ideal candidate will also be client focused, have commercial drafting skills, a passion for innovative solutions and excellent communication skills.
- REWARDS: In return, you will be given the opportunity to contribute to major organisations and cutting-edge legal matters across a range of industries. There is also a highly competitive remuneration package on offer and other employee benefits.
- FIRM: This reputable Eastern Seaboard CBD firm currently has a vacancy within their Litigation Team. Our client is an industry leader in the Commercial sphere advising clients nationally on a raft of issues. The firm strives for excellence whilst maintaining a customer focus and strong team values.
- WORK: In this position, you will be a valued member of the Litigation Team with a particular focus on property fund managers, asset managers and property developers disputes. This will include development agreements, construction contracts, management agreements, leases and contracts for sale, advising AFS and credit licences on internal and external dispute resolution and ASIC investigations. You will be exposed to contractual disputes, Corporations Act issues, directors’ duties, shareholder disputes and competition and consumer law issues. You will also have a role in conducting debt recovery procedures, insolvency and some employment matters.
- CANDIDATE: The firm is seeking a highly motivated individual, currently or recently with a mid to first-tier background. You will have a minimum of 4 years post-admission experience in and exposure to a fair portion of the fields mentioned.
- REWARDS: You will join a tight-knit team of motivated individuals who are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal service to their clients. The culture of this firm is collaborative and team-oriented and they encourage continued learning and development. They have a positive and caring environment and the Partners lead by example. A highly competitive remuneration package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with your experience.
- FIRM: This is an opportunity to work in a large Mid-Tier firm with high quality work and a friendly environment. They specialise in handling complex disputes whether instituted in Australia or off-shore.
- WORK: Work mix will involve all aspects of corporate disputes, including major corporate insolvency and ancillary litigation, Australian financial services advice and regulatory infringement claims. You will work for a wide range of clients including large insolvency firms, commercial and residential property developers, retail store chains, local government, and professional sporting teams just to name a few.
- CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have experience in disputes under the Corporations Act, competence in the management of electronic data bases, strong legal and client management skills, and the ability to work in a close-knit team environment.
- BENEFITS: An attractive salary is offered commensurate with experience, together with the opportunity to earn substantial bonuses. This firm has beautiful new offices and great employee benefits.
11 - LITIGATION LAWYER | 3-4 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: This is an opportunity with a high-quality commercial law firm with a team of lawyers that are focused on key areas. The successful candidate will work in the progressive Brisbane office where they specialise in community living, intellectual property, disputes resolution and workplace relations, health and safety.
- WORK: This position provides the opportunity to be exposed to an impressive portfolio of large clients. The work mix will include providing advice to a range of health care providers and retirement living operators including publicly listed groups, private groups and not for profits. This will include advice to operators on acquisitions and sales, major incident management, coronial matters and all regulatory issues.
- CANDIDATE: You will have 3-4 Years PAE, ideally with a litigation focus. You will also have strong commercial skills, demonstrating a motivation for exceptional client service in a specialist environment.
- REWARDS: This firm has an open, caring and supportive culture. You will learn from ex top-tier Partners and be promoted for your efforts.
12 - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION AND INSOLVENCY ASSOCIATE | 4+ PAE
- FIRM: This is a leading Australian law firm who is highly regarding for its practical and commercial approach.
- WORK: The successful candidate will act for major banking institutions and non-bank financers, liquidators, bankruptcy trustees, administrators and receivers. You will represent directors and company officers in response to ASIC investigations and other corporate regulators.
- CANDIDATE: To apply for this role you must have commercial litigation experience at either Associate Level or near associate level. Minimum 4 Years PAE. You will also have an interest in mentoring junior colleagues and a desire to build client relationships.
- BENEFITS: You will gain the mentoring directly from a partner and the opportunity to take responsibility for a wide variety of interesting matters. This will be coupled with a friendly and collegiate atmosphere and staff benefits.
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure.
To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively, please quote Ref No: CL130320 and forward your Professional Profile and supporting documents to:
- Bianca Calder - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig Ashton-Sward - email@example.com
Law Staff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane Q 4000
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted