- Employment, Industrial Relations & Safety Group
- Growing National Firm
- Special Counsel or Partner Appointment
- Parental Responsibilities Accommodated
Rarely do opportunities arise where you can take over an existing practice with an expanding resourceful national firm. This is an amazing prospect for a talented Senior Workplace Lawyer with a strong reputation in the Brisbane market. We are looking to speak with either a Partner with a modest client following looking to make a lateral move or a Special Counsel looking for a rapid elevation to Partnership within 12-18 months.
This position will see you involved in front end Workplace Relations advice as well as back end Employment and Industrial Relations matters. You can expect your workmix to include:
- drafting and advising on employment agreements and contracts;
- drafting and advising on enterprise agreements;
- general protection issues including unfair dismissal proceedings and unlawful terminations, discrimination, workplace harassment, and bullying claims;
- workplace health and safety risk management advice as well as prosecution defence work; and
- restraint of trade issues.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
You will have 10+ years’ post admission experience specialising in a broad range of Workplace Relations matters and be looking to assume a leadership role. You will also possess a high level of commercial acumen, excellent communication skills; and proven ability managing a small team of professionals.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to recalibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its partners. Those that have managed this have emerged as magnets to other partners looking to transition their clients to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for partners (and whole teams) to specialist, mid or top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For a uncompromisingly confidential discussion, please contact either:
- Craig Ashton-Sward (Director & Senior Client Advisor)
- 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)
- Trudy Reading (Client Advisor)
Feel free to maintain your anonymity in the first instance if you choose.
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane Q 4000