- Dynamic National Property Team | Active Blue Chip Clients
- Lateral Appointment to Partnership | Employer of Choice
- Excellent Rem and Bonuses $250K (SC) or $350K (SP) or $1.2M (EP)
As a firm of young dynamic Partners, they are seeking a likeminded Partner looking to make a lateral move or a Special Counsel who is hungry to step up and take Partnership within this Employer of Choice.
The firm is seeking a mid-career Commercial Property Partner (or Special Counsel) ideally with 10 to 20 years experience to join their Melbourne office. Working with 3 other local Property Partners as well as a sizeable national team of Property Partners and Lawyers, you will be responsible for assisting in the management and mentorship of lawyers in this the team as well as taking an active role in the further development of exisiting and new client relationships.
Key areas of practice will include:
- acquisitions and disposals of commercial properties;
- community titles work and property development including industrial parks, shopping centres, and residential towers;
- land resumptions;
- negotiation and drafting of ancillary contracts;
- commercial, industrial and residential leasing;
- acting for real estate investment trusts; and
- other general commercial property work.
The expectations are genuinely for 10-20 years post-admission experience, a fair portion of which must have been recently obtained in Melbourne within a reputable specialist firm, a mid-tier, or a large practice where your skills have been allowed to develop in that commercial property stream.
Indicative of the soft skills the firm seeks in a Partner, (or Special Counsel) they expect your client communication and business profile will generate additional client activities. Essentially, you must be able to back yourself if you expect to step into this Partner level role.
In addition, you will have well-developed team management skills and a high level of commercial acumen together with a strong client focus.
WHAT YOU GET
This is a lateral appointment into Partnership and your earnings will reflect your abilities as well as what you bring to the table. A remuneration package at the upper end of the market is expected for the successful candidate and is likely to exceed your expectations.
For entry level Partners they offer generous salaries, plus bonuses on reasonable KPI's. For Equity Partners their earnings are in excess of industry benchmarks without the need to compromise on prestige or resources.
Work-Life Balance is typically 8.00am to 6.30pm.
While other firms are cost-shedding to maintain their profit pool, this firm has consistently grown by 25% each year for the last 4 years. It also maintains an extensive local and national back-office infrastructure that underpins the very success of each Partner.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to re-calibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its Partners. Those that have managed this have emerged as magnets to other Partners looking to transition their clients to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for Partners (and whole teams) to specialist firms as well as mid and top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
Most importantly, we have an uncompromising commitment to confidentiality, such that everything stays in the proverbial vault until you confirm in writing that you would like to move beyond our one-on-one discussions and meet with the relevant Managing Partner. We strive to provide detailed Information Documents to allow you to make an informed decision and to do research at your own leisure. A list of partner references can be made available at your request.
THE NEXT STEPS
At LawStaff we offer a virtual or lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For a uncompromisingly confidential discussion, please contact either:
- Trudy Reading (Client Advisor)
- 0401 504 203 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)
- Craig Ashton-Sward (Director & Senior Client Advisor)
- 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)