- In-house Government Employer | Senior Level Appointment | 5 + years' PAE
- 12 Month Contract with possibility for extension
- Competitive Remuneration | REAL Work Life Balance!
Our client, a government organisation has engaged us to assist them with the appointment of a Senior Native Title Lawyer with a minimum of 5 years' PAE to join their Brisbane CBD based organisation.
If you are seeking to broaden your skillset and gain access to cutting edge legal matters whilst maintaining genuine work life balance then you have found your match!
You will work closely with industry leaders on advisory and litigious Native Title matters including:
- Litigation, mediation and negotiation in relation to native title determination applications filed in the Federal Court.
- Provide advice in the context of native title determination applications.
- Negotiate, draft, review and advise complex agreements (such as Indigenous Land Use Agreements).
- Litigation, mediation, negotiation and advise on compensation applications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Admission as a legal practitioner in Queensland;
- a minimum of 5 year's post admission experience in Native Title Law, providing you with a working knowledge of the relevant legislation including Native Title Act 1993; Aboriginal Land Act 1991; Nature Conservation Act 1992; and Land Act 1994.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills of a high professional standard;
- Exceptional drafting skills; and
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment.
Sensational opportunity to move into an in-house role Government role within a positive, team environment offering:
- Highly competitive remuneration;
- Genuine work life balance;
- Ongoing training & development with the opportunity to learn from the best;
- A friendly and supportive team environment.
At Law Staff we maintain the highest protocols during Covid and therefore offer a meeting over Zoom or FaceTime, as well as offer a contactless meeting in a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of this opportunity for you to go away and research at your leisure. To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively please quote Ref No: NTL2021285 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Ena Pita - email@example.com
LawStaff | L 22 HSBC Bld | 300 Queen St | Brisbane (07) 3221 1229
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.