- Take Your Next Career Step in a Reputable Construction Practice | Mid, Top and Specialist Firms | 1+ PAE
- 12 Roles Available from Junior through to Senior Associate
- Excellent Workplace Culture with Specialist, National, Mid and Top-tier Firms
- Varied Construction Law Matters Across Multiple Areas
- FIRM: A full service law firm with offices across Australia. They have experienced significant growth in recent years and rated as one of the fastest growing firms in QLD.
- CLIENTS: ASX top 200 listed companies, mid-sized corporates, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
- WORK: This position will involve advising on a wide range of legal issues affecting construction and engineering projects including: Dispute resolution; Security of payment; and Advising on, drafting and negotiating construction contracts and associated documentation.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have at least 6 years’ experience in back-end construction matters. You will have come from a national firm and be able to work well in a team environment.
- BENEFITS: This firm offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work across large & exciting matters for a high calibre of clientele. Grow your expertise in a fruitful and supportive environment.
2 - CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION LAWYER | 4+ Years PAE | BACK END
- FIRM: This is a specialist firm with a full-service construction team where you will gain experience to both back-end and front-end matters. Due to growth and work volumes around a multi-million-dollar project, an opportunity has become available for a junior lawyer to join the team on a permanent basis.
- WORK: Work on a range of complex infrastructure matters across multiple jurisdictions and sectors. You will act for clients in relation to construction disputes as well as litigation in all superior courts, arbitration, and mediation. Sectors include major commercial construction, civil works projects, infrastructure and resources.
- CANDIDATE: Th ideal candidate will have 4+ years PAE; Previous top, mid or national firm experience; Previous experience in Commercial Litigation; and experience in construction law will obviously be well regarded yet is NOT a mandatory prerequisite.
- BENEFITS: In return for your talents this firm is offering: High standard of clients to work with and matters to work on; Impressive salary package; Bi-annual bonuses to all staff; Work closely with industry leaders' partners; Excellent career development opportunities with advancement prospects based on merit and not length of service.
3 – FRONT END SENIOR ASSOCIATE | 7 to 10+ Years PAE | TOP -TIER
- FIRM: National top-tier firm with a strong reputation attracting Australia's most successful and innovative organisations as clients.
- WORK: This role will see you providing full range front-end advice to public and private clients in planning and delivering critical large infrastructure projects. Sectors will include oil and gas, telecommunications, infrastructure, as well as energy and resources based projects.
- CANDIDATE: Our client is looking for a lawyer who has been a Senior Associate for at least 2 years, ideally 7 to 10+ Years PAE. You will need experience in front-end construction matters and have a hunger for the industry.
- BENEFITS: This is a firm that is continuing to grow and your salary package will also reflect this. They also have great leave entitlements and other benefits.
4 - FRONT END CONSTRUCTION LAWYER | 2 - 8 Years PAE | Brisbane or Sydney
- FIRM: This is a large firm with one of the fastest growing legal practices in Australia due to the quality of their work. You can choose to work in either the Brisbane or Sydney office depending on your preference.
- WORK: Front End Construction involving contract preparation across a wide range of industries including transport, water, resources, social infrastructure, defence and logistics. You will advise a diverse range of clients including principals, owners, contractors, superintendents, subcontractors, manufacturers, suppliers and consultants in both the government and private sectors.
- CANDIDATE: We are seeking someone with 2 to 8 years PAE with experience in construction and projects law. You will preferably have previously worked in another mid, top or national firm in a similar area. You will also have a clear passion for construction and continuing in this area.
- BENEFITS: This firm offers highly competitive remuneration, career development opportunities an access to great employee benefits (gym membership and activate social and sporting events
5 – BACK END LAWYER | 1-3 Years PAE | Long list of Employee Benefits
- FIRM: This is a resourceful National Mid-tier firm. They pride themselves on their reputation earned for handling quality matters and delivering a very high standard of service to clients.
- WORK: You can expect to be challenged with a wide variety of work including quality construction litigation and BCIPA matters.
- CANDIDATE: You will have 1 year PAE (up to 3 years considered) and a solid academic record (not necessarily honours). You will come from a mid to top-tier firm and will have experience in quality construction litigation and dispute resolution. You will feel confident in your ability to add value in a variety of ways including using your initiative as well as being lateral in your thinking and strategic in terms of your technical skills.
- BENEFITS: Not sure where to start! This firm is an employer of choice for its quality work, pay at the top of the market, great culture (they live and breathe their staff), and they actively promote work-life balance.
6 - CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION | 1- 4 Years PAE | Top-Tier International Firm
- FIRM: This is a international firm that has exceptional resources here in Brisbane. What this firm does, it does well, having specialist expertise in dedicated areas of practice. It is regarded internationally as having a preeminent Construction Practice and they pride themselves on the reputation they have earned for working on quality matters and delivering exceptional service to their clients.
- WORK: Working alongside these approachable Partners and one of the best mentors in the business you could learn from, you will work on some of the most significant construction projects in Queensland. If successful you will work directly to a range of clients across relevant industries and can expect to handle complex back-end construction matters including: defending claims under construction contracts; product and equipment defects; construction related indemnity issues and design flaws; arbitrations and expert determinations; various project disputes; and contract risk management.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have a minimum 1 years PAE (applications considered up to Associate level); Strong academics (GPA of 5.0 or above); Construction experience from a recognised specialist, mid or top-tier firm (both front and back end candidates considered); and An ability to draft clear and commercially-oriented advice.
- BENEFITS: In return for your talents this firm is offering High standard of clients to work with and matters to work on; Impressive salary package in line with other top-tier firms; Excellent resources and secondment opportunities; Mentoring from an approachable partner to excel your career; and Excellent career development opportunities with advancement prospects based on merit and not length of service.
7 - FRONT & BACK END CONSTRUCTION LAWYER | 2-4 Years PAE
- FIRM: This reputable national firm currently has a vacancy within their Construction Team. Our client is an industry leader in the Commercial sphere advising clients nationally on a raft of issues. The firm strives for excellence whilst maintaining a customer focus and strong team values.
- WORK: In this position, you will be a valued member of the Construction Team and will assist the Partners in managing clients while providing cohesive and legally technical advice. The successful candidate will provide both front and back-end advice including BCIPA matters and regulatory work.
- CANDIDATE: The firm is seeking a highly motivated individual, currently or recently with a specialist, mid or first-tier background. You will have a minimum of 2 years post-admission experience in and exposure to a fair portion of the fields mentioned.
- REWARDS: You will join a team of motivated individuals who are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal service to their clients. The culture of this firm is collaborative and team-oriented and they encourage continued learning and development. They have a positive and caring environment and the Partners lead by example. A highly competitive remuneration package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with your experience.
8 - BACK END CONSTRUCTION ASSOCIATE OR SA | 4 – 8 Years PAE
- FIRM: A mid-tier National firm that is an employer of choice for Law Staff due to its many qualities including culture, quality of work, low attrition levels, and strong work-life balance promoted heavily by the Partners.
- WORK: This is one of the largest construction teams in Queensland so you can expect high quality matters. You work mix will include back-end work including major Construction Litigation, BCIPA claims, as well as Indemnity issues surrounding Construction Professionals (Architects, Engineers, Surveyors).The practice also has an element of front-end work from time-to-time, and whilst they are looking for a back-end construction lawyer in this instance there is the opportunity to be exposed to front-end work in the future should the individual have that interest and capability.
- CANDIDATE: You will need to be at Associate level with at least 3 years’ experience in construction. Due to a large amount of growth they have the capacity for both an Associate level lawyer and a Junior SA. Therefore, applications will be considered up to 8 years PAE.
- BENEFITS: Remuneration will be negotiable in line with relevant experience and is market competitive with other national firms. In addition, this firm has leading edge Employee Relations policies including Social Club, Flexible Work Practices, Health & Well-being and Salary Sacrificing.
9 - FRONT END CONSTRUCTION | 2 – 5 Years PAE| Top-Tier Firm
- ROLE: Having recently won a number of construction projects, our client needs another front-end specialist to join their team.
- FIRM: This is a leading Australian top-tier law firm with a solid reputation for being the best at what they do. Their construction team works with some of the most significant contract mining projects in the Asia-Pacific region for public and private participants.
- WORK: The successful candidate will service a solid pipeline of high-profile complex projects, advising on all aspects of major infrastructure, construction, engineering and contract mining projects.
- CANDIDATE: Apply if you are between 2 and 6 years PAE with a strong background in infrastructure projects and front-end construction law. We have a preference for previous top or mid-tier lawyers who are driven and enjoy mentoring junior team members.
- BENEFITS: You will have the opportunity to contribute to major projects and cutting-edge legal matters, taking your career to the next level. This is a global firm that is offering a highly competitive salary and a supportive environment to excel in your career.
10- CONSTRUCTION LAWYER | MIXED ROLE | Associate or Senior Associate
- FIRM: This a market leading mid-tier firm with a reputation second to none, based in beautiful Brisbane CBD offices.
- WORK: This is a rare mixed construction role with 80% Back end and 20% front end on offer. Construction Litigation work will include contractual disputes, time related claims such as liquidated damages, variation and latent condition claims, defective work and negligent claims, disputes concerning release of security and debt recovery. Your front-end work will consist of acting for building and civil contractors, principals, architects, engineers, and other consultants in relation to various types of projects. This includes the mining sector, road and rail infrastructure, health and aged care developments as well as commercial and residential developments.
- CANDIDATE: To be successful you will require at least 5 Years Post Admission Experience in Construction Law. Ideally, you will be at or fast approaching Senior Associate Level.
- BENEFITS: This is an employer of choice with genuine work life balance on offer. They are willing to pay well for the right person and have a great work culture. You will be a valued team member from day one!
11 – FRONT END CONSTRUCTION LAWYER | 1 – 3 Years PAE | National Firm
- FIRM: This is one of Australia's leading mid-tier law firms. They are an employer of choice with contemporary employee friendly policies and remuneration levels that rival the best.
- WORK: The work will focus on quality front end construction work. You will gain exposure to some of Australia’s most notable Construction contracts.
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 years PAE in a Construction team with specialist, mid-tier national or top-tier firm.
- BENEFITS: On top of a competitive remuneration package, this firm has great work-life balance and employee benefits. They have modern offices and collegiate team environment with genuine career progression and development opportunities.
12 - CONSTRUCTION LAWYER | 3+ Years PAE to Senior Associate | Front and Back End Mix
- FIRM: A top-tier firm with high values and an impressive culture. It is one of the largest law firms in Queensland and has a strong international alliance.
- WORK: Range of front and back-end construction matters covering multiple sectors including commercial, industrial, roads, rail, defence, residential, retail, health, education, energy and resources and telecommunications. You will be exposed to both private and public sector stakeholders including local and state governments. If successful, you will be involved in the preparation and negotiation of projects and contract documents as well as advising clients on the procurement, structuring and delivery of projects.
- CANDIDATE: To apply for this role you need 3 years’ experience in construction matters (both front and back end candidates considered). Applications considered up to Senior Associate Level. You will also have a balanced GPA (of 4.75 or above) and a can-do attitude.
- BENEFITS: Along with the competitive remuneration in line with other top-tier firms this firm has one of the best Parental Leave schemes of all Australian law firms. Expect the high values of this firm to come through in their staff benefits.
THE NEXT STEP
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us an understanding of your skills as well as ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these roles and other opportunities for you to research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: CN140918 and email your Resume to either:
- Bianca Calder - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig Ashton-Sward - email@example.com
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Bld | 300 Queen St | Brisbane (07) 3221 1229
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.