- Large Australian law firm with excellent reputation
- Focus on back end work in the construction team
- Excellent training and mentoring
- High retention rate because of the genuine work-life balance and great employee benefits
- This reputable national firm currently has a vacancy within their Construction Team.
- Our client is an industry leader in the Commercial sphere advising clients nationally on a raft of issues.
- The firm strives for excellence whilst maintaining a customer focus and strong team values.
In this position, you will be a valued member of the Construction Team and will assist the Partners in managing clients while providing cohesive and legally technical advice. This could include:
- pursuing and defending claims under construction contracts including variations, prolongation claims/extensions of time, liquidated damages, delay costs, latent conditions, construction defects, set-offs, and contract termination issues);
- product and equipment defects;
- construction related indemnity issues and design flaws;
- some subcontractors' charges and high value Security of Payment claims including adjudications under BIFA and appeals to adjudicators' decisions;
- arbitration's and expert determinations;
- various project disputes; and
- contract risk management.
2 -4 YEARS PAE
- The firm is seeking a highly motivated individual, currently or recently with a specialist, mid or first-tier background.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years post-admission experience in and exposure to a fair portion of the fields mentioned.
- You will join a team of motivated individuals who are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal service to their clients.
- The culture of this firm is collaborative and team-oriented and they encourage continued learning and development.
- They have a positive and caring environment and the Partners lead by example.
- A highly competitive remuneration package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with your experience.
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us an understanding of your skills as well as ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile on this role and other opportunities for you to research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: CN240220 and email your Resume to either:
- Bianca Calder - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.