- Resourceful National Law Firm
- Excellent Remuneration | Quality Clients
- Rem is Negotiable $225K (SC) to $850K (Partner)
Our client is a large national firm with a strong presence in Brisbane and a reputation for excellence. They are the ultimate Employer of Choice offering competitive salaries, as well as unsurpassed employee relations benefits and a stable and cohesive work environment.
With the average age of its Partners in their early 40's, it is a firm with a deep level of technical capability while also being a relatively young and highly collaborative financially integrated national partnership.
Our client has a strategic plan of expanding further with the appointment of a Salaried Partner in their national Superannuation Practice. You will work with 4 other Partners who work across the Corporate space, in managing and mentoring a team while jointly managing client relationships. Your specific work will be across a range of corporate funds and superannuation matters including:
- drafting or reviewing trust deeds and rules for new and restructuring funds;
- advising employer-sponsors and trustees on the interpretation of trust deeds and their obligations, and powers under superannuation and other applicable legislation;
- reviewing trust deeds and fund administrative arrangements to ensure compliance with applicable legislation;
- private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds;
- liaising with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Australian Taxation Office on compliance;
- drafting or reviewing investment management and custody agreements, and advising in relation to such ancillary agreements as futures trading agreements
- acquisitions and divestments;
- securities, derivatives, and instalment warrants; as well as
- advising on shareholder and unitholder rights.
WHAT YOU NEED
The expectations are genuinely for 10-20 years post-admission, a fair portion of which must have been recently obtained within a specialist firm, a mid-tier, or a large practice where your skills have been developed in that Funds/Superannuation stream.
In addition, you will have well-developed client service skills, a high level of commercial acumen.
WHAT YOU GET
This is an opportunity for a lateral appointment into Partnership if you are ready for it. For entry level Partners they offer generous salaries, plus bonuses on modest KPI's. For Equity Partners their earnings are in excess of industry benchmarks without compromising on resources or demanding huge hours.
While other firms are cost-shedding to maintain their profit pool, this firm maintains an extensive local and national back-office infrastructure that underpins the very success of each partner.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to recalibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its partners. Those that have managed this have emerged as magnets to other partners looking to transition their clients to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for partners (and whole teams) to specialist, mid or top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For an uncompromisingly confidential discussion, please contact either:
- Craig Ashton-Sward (Director & Senior Client Advisor)
- 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)
- Trudy Reading (Client Advisor)