Funds Management | IP | Corporate M&A | Private Enterprise
Highly Competitive Remuneration | Employee Benefits Galore!
Allow us to help you make an informed decision! Many of these opportunities are available in both the Sydney and Brisbane offices. Here are 12 reasons to consider a career change:
1 - SYDNEY CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL LAWYER | 2-5 YEARS' PAE
- FIRM: This role is with a large, mid-tier firm with a top-tier reputation.
- WORK: This role involves a range of corporate and commercial matters including M&A, JV’s, supply agreements, capital raisings, corporate restructures and international work. You will have the opportunity to work across various industries including renewables, technology, consumer goods and financial services.
- CANDIDATE: You need to be a hard worker with high academics (Honours minimum). You must have at least 2 years' PAE in Corporate and Commercial with an interest in having direct client contact, and working on transactions for a broad range of clients.
- REWARDS: This firm provides spacious modern offices, together with a high calibre client base and collaborative and supportive team environment. You will also have access to their well-being program include gym, discounted products insurance, corporate massage, and social club. Definitely an Employer of Choice.
2 - BRISBANE CORPORATE FUNDS SOLICITOR OR SENIOR ASSOCIATE | 3-7 YEARS' PAE
- FIRM: This is an expanding international firm which will allow you to progress your career exponentially. It is recognised and highly regarded by industry peers.
- WORK: Working in the corporate group, within the funds practice you can expect to work across a broad range of transactions from structuring through to close and management. Your clients will include management teams, private equity institutions, debt providers and portfolio companies. The successful candidate will work directly with a fund management partner providing high quality corporate advice to both local and international clients.
- CANDIDATE: To be successful in this role you will have at least 3 years post admission experience, with applicants considered up to Senior Associate level. You will have experience across commercial deals and providing advice on complex structures across multiple jurisdictions.
- BENEFITS: This role will progress your career to new levels and you will be personally rewarded for your work with a top-tier salary and an array of staff benefits.
3 - BRISBANE ENERGY & RESOURCES LAWYER | 3-10 YEARS' PAE
- ROLE: Our client is looking for a motivated corporate lawyer to join their Corporate & Resources team.
- FIRM: This is a leading national firm where you will be exposed to many of Australia's top 100 companies and multi-nationals. This includes both Australian and International conglomerates.
- WORK: Your role will include mergers and acquisitions in the resources and general corporate sector, asset divestments, drafting joint ventures and farmin agreements, working on renewable energy as well as oil and gas projects, advising on project developments and operational matters including approvals and compliance. You will have the opportunity to advise large clients including energy suppliers, state and federal government, as well as oil and gas companies.
- CANDIDATE: You need at least 3 years PAE in the corporate or energy sector and should be a self-starter who can work as part of a team in order to meet client needs and deadlines. You must also have sound academics (Honours minimum 5.25 GPA).
- REWARDS: Top-tier salary of up to $175,000, together with being mentored by the Partners in this group who are consistently ranked among Australia's and the world's leading corporate lawyers. And worth noting is the fact that YOU WILL NOT HAVE A BUDGET - EVER!
4 - BRISBANE CORPORATE LAWYER | 4 - 6 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: An independent South East QLD firm with an exceptional reputation and strong growth in recent years. They have a friendly atmosphere where you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Partner, receiving quality training and mentorship to advance your career.
- WORK: This is a broad commercial position with a varied and challenging work mix including franchising, partnership and JV agreements, supply agreements, employment matters, structuring, commercial property and intellectual property as well as some exposure to M&A. Your clients will include SME’s and high net worth individuals.
- CANDIDATE: You will have at least 3 years experience working with similar clients (SME’s and high net worth individuals) on those matters described in the work mix.
- REWARDS: This firm is flexible & dynamic organisation supportive of your career & life goals. They have a proven history of elevating people to partnership based on merit and not seniority.
5 - CORPORATE & TMT KNOWLEDGE PRECEDENT LAWYER | 2-5 YEARS' PAE
- FIRM: An international large top-tier firm which has grown and will continue to grow exponentially. They are well recognised and highly regarded by industry peers. Role in either Brisbane or Sydney Office
- WORK: You will be responsible for providing a range of Corporate precedents and knowledge management support to the firm. This will include coordinating and administering firm wide precedents; Preparing reports based on new legislation; Overseeing the creation, review and amendment of precedents; Responding to related queries and questions; Managing and implementing a precedent development policy; and Administering access to precedent materials
- CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong initiative. You will either be a corporate Lawyer with a desire to move into an 'inhouse' position, away from billable targets or alternatively you will have 2-4 years experience in a precedents of knowledge role.
- BENEFITS: Not only will you get away from financial targets you will be personally rewarded for your work with a top-tier salary and an array of staff benefits.
6 – SYDNEY or BRISBANE CORPORATE LAWYER | 4+ YEARS' PAE
- FIRM: This is one of Australia's leading national law firms with a top-tier reputation. This firm has a strong history, which prides itself on providing quality legal advice and using innovative technology. They have beautiful offices in Brisbane and a dedicated Corporate team full of hard working lawyers.
- WORK: In this role you can expect to act for clients on takeovers, mergers and acquisitions. Your will day to day involvement will include negotiation and preparation of complex transaction documents, capital raisings, assist publicly listed companies in relation to the ASX listing rules and Corporations Act responsibilities.
- CANDIDATE: You will require 4 Years' PAE minimum at a medium, top or national firm with significant exposure to corporate private enterprise work. You will be comfortable providing advice regarding the corporations Act and ASX Listing rules.
- REWARDS: This is an exceptional firm to work for due to their high-quality matters they work on, as well as an excellent firm culture and work-life balance. They are an employer of choice with contemporary employee friendly policies and remuneration levels that rival the best.
7 - CORPORATE M&A | 3+ YEARS' PAE | FIRM WITH INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- ROLE: We are searching for lawyers to further build our client's expanding Corporate M&A team.
- FIRM: This firm delivers high end corporate and operational legal services to sophisticated listed and unlisted companies operating nationally and internationally within the resources and technology sectors.
- WORK: Regulated and Unregulated Corporate M&A; IPO's and other Capital Raisings; Back Door Listings; Corporate Advisory; and Corporate Governance.
- CANDIDATE: You will need to have a minimum of 3 years' post admission, with the last 12-18 months in regulated Corporate M&A. You will also have sound commercial acumen and have a commitment to working solid hours to achieve client objectives.
- REWARDS: The mentoring opportunities from talented technicians are exceptional, together with real work-life balance, and a 'flat' structure.
8 –CORPORATE LAWYER | ADMINISTRATIVE AND GOVERNMENT | 3+ PAE
- FIRM: Work at a top-tier law firm with an international presence and leading expertise across several practise areas!
- WORK: Our client requires a corporate government lawyer with a minimum of 3 years PAE. Your role will include public administrative law matters including a mix of information law, corporate governance, strategy decision-making processes, regulatory and investigatory matters, privacy issues, corruption and accountability as well as judicial review. You will provide advice to a range of government agencies under the guidance of experienced and well-regarded Partners.
- CANDIDATE: You will have at least 3 years post admission experience in the public sector or administrative law. The ideal candidate will also be client focused, have commercial drafting skills, a passion for innovative solutions and excellent communication skills for relationship building.
- REWARDS: In return, you will be given the opportunity to contribute to major organisations and cutting-edge legal matters across a range of industries. There is also a highly competitive remuneration package on offer and other employee benefits.
9 - ENERGY & RESOURCES LAWYER | TOP-TIER | 2-5 YEARS PAE
- FIRM: This is a leading Australian top-tier law firm with a solid reputation for being the best at what they do. Their E&R team works with some of the most significant projects in the Asia-Pacific region for public and private participants.
- WORK: The successful candidate will service a solid pipeline of Public and private M&A, JVs and corporate advisory matters. There will be a particular focus on energy & resource sectors and you can expect to advise a range of listed and private Australian companies across a range of industries.
- CANDIDATE: Apply if you are between 2 and 5 years PAE with a strong background Corporate Law. We have a preference for previous top or mid-tier lawyers who are driven and have a genuine interest in energy and resources
- REWARDS: You will have the opportunity to work on high level, sophisticated legal matters, taking your career to the next level. This is a global firm that is offering a highly competitive salary and a supportive environment to excel in your career.
10 - SYDNEY or BRISBANE CORPORATE PROJECTS LAWYER | SENIOR ASSOCIATE
- FIRM: An international large top-tier firm which has grown and will continue to grow exponentially. They are well recognised and highly regarded by industry peers.
- WORK: Act for leading Australian corporates on all aspects of their corporate work involving working on Corporate M&A, IPO’S, Private Equity, Joint Ventures and general corporate advice and support to clients. You will gain exposure across a range of industries including energy, resources and infrastructure.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will be at Senior Associate level and would have been in this title for at least 2 years. They will come from a mid or top-tier background and be able to demonstrate high performance in Corporate law throughout their career. Previous experience in mentoring junior lawyers is preferable.
- REWARDS: This is a true career-defining opportunity which will send you in the right direction for a successful career. You will be given the opportunity to work on large scale matters with some of the biggest clients in the industry. This firm also pays at the top of the market and really looks after their staff.
11 – SYDNEY or BRISBANE CORPORATE COMMERCIAL LAWYER | SENIOR ASSOCIATE
- FIRM: Our client is a large national mid-tier firm with a strong presence in Brisbane and a reputation for excellence. They are the ultimate Employer of Choice offering competitive salaries, as well as multiple staff benefits and a stable and cohesive work environment.
- WORK: Working with three highly regarded partners, you will specialise in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and business structuring. You will also gain exposure to private equity, corporate issues, franchising and procurement.
- CANDIDATE: The right candidate will have a minimum of 5 years PAE in Corporate M&A.
- REWARDS: This firm’s employee benefits are too long to list as they really look after their staff. They have a sensational health and well-being program as well as a great social club and parental leave policies. They are a huge supporter of gender equality and actively promote respect in the workplace. This is re-affirmed by the awards this firm wins year after year.
12 - SYDNEY or BRISBANE CORPORATE FINANCE LAWYER | 2 - 4 YEARS PAE | TOP-TIER FIRM
- FIRM: Our client is a pre-eminent national law firm and is considered an Employer of Choice by many. They are at the top of their game in terms of technical legal competence and are lauded as legal gentry given they carry themselves with pride and grace, as well as treat their industry colleagues with respect and courtesy. Rarely do we need to recruit for them as they have extremely low staff turnover.
- WORK: In this role your skills will be further developed and honed while gaining exposure to a variety of corporate finance work, including: capital raising and debt funding; corporate financing for major property and infrastructure projects; Acting on concession and financing issues for Utilities Infrastructure; Advising on the acquisition of sizeable assets within the resources sector; Advising on the acquisition of senior debt as well as on restructuring of secondary financing arrangements and secondary debt trade.
- CANDIDATE: Ideally, the successful candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years PAE in corporate finance related matters. These will ideally have been served within a national mid or top tier firm in any capital city of Australia, the United Kingdom, Asia Pacific, or the Middle East. You will also have a sound knowledge of corporate finance, as well as the disciplines inherent in capital raising and financial management.
- REWARDS: In order to attract high calibre candidates, a highly competitive top-tier salary is on offer and is negotiable in line with experience. The firm has a leading Employee Benefits Program including paid post-graduate studies at international tertiary institutions.
Join one of these busy and expanding CBD firms in their first-class corporate teams and leverage off their success.
THE NEXT STEP
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skills as well as your prerequisites in that next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of these and other opportunities for you to go away and research at your leisure.
To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively, please quote Ref No: SCO191018 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Bianca Calder - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig Ashton-Sward - email@example.com
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.