- Resourceful National Law Firm with 25% Growth
- Large Disputes feeding through from the Commercial Teams
- Rem Circa $230K (SC), $350K+ Bonuses (SP), to $1.2M++ (EP)
This s a firm with a deep level of technical capability while also being a relatively young and highly collaborative partnership.
Our client has a strategic plan of expanding further with the appointment of an additional Partner in their Dispute Resolution Team. The appointment may accommodate a Special Counsel looking to step up to Salaried Partner level on commencement.
The firm is seeking an additional senior lawyer with strong technical skills to join their highly-regarded dispute resolution practice. You will work closely with 3 other Partners in this department, while collaborating with numerous Commercial Partners from other departments.
The preferred candidate will have a skillset in at least 2 of the following key areas:
- Corporate Insolvency - secured recovery; preference claims; oppression actions; shareholder litigation; directors' duties; winding up applications; corporate restructuring and trade-on arrangements;
- Planning & Environment Litigation - planning appeals; defence of environment prosecution and enforcement proceedings; Planning and Environment Court litigation; Land Court proceedings; cultural heritage issues; compensation claims;
- General Commercial Litigation - disputes under the Corporations Act; breach of contract; Consumer Protection issues; real property disputes; resources disputes;
WHAT YOU NEED
The expectations are genuinely for 10-20 years post-admission experience, in one or a couple of these service lines. A fair portion of that experience must have been recently obtained within Brisbane in a specialist firm, a mid-tier, or a large national practice.
Indicative of your skillset in servicing these demographic clients, you will have existing relationships at various levels within the commercial arena.
In addition, you will have well-developed team management skills and a high level of commercial acumen and a strong client focus.
WHAT YOU GET
This is a lateral appointment into Partnership. For entry level Partners they offer generous salaries, plus bonuses on modest KPI's. For Equity Partners their earnings are well in excess of industry benchmarks without the need to compromise on prestige or resources.
While other firms are cost-shedding to maintain their profit pool, this firm maintains an extensive local and national back-office infrastructure that underpins the very success of each partner. They have had zero redundancies during Covid-19, have maintained a seamless transition to working remotely, and have exceeded their budget during and after lockdown.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to recalibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its partners. Those that have managed this have emerged as magnets to other partners looking to transition their clients to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for partners (and whole teams) to specialist, mid or top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we maintain the highest protocols during Covid and therefore offer a meeting over Zoom or FaceTime, as well as offer a contactless meeting in a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For a uncompromisingly confidential discussion, please contact either:
- Craig Ashton-Sward (Director & Senior Client Advisor)
- 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)
- Trudy Reading (Senior Client Advisor)
- 0401 504 203 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm 7 days)
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane