- National Firm with Aggressive Growth Strategy
- Lateral Partner Opportunity in Energy & Resources
- Highly Profitable | Leading Remuneration & Benefits
- July 2022 Start Date Negotiable
Law Staff has been engaged by the National Board of this resourceful legal practice to assist with its strategic growth plans for the Brisbane office.
It is a firm that is recognised by its peers for its technical expertise in key areas of practice, as well as for its client base given that it acts for blue-chip organisations, mid-caps, and is noted for its significant presence in the State and Commonwealth Government sectors.
The firm's Partners and Lawyers pride themselves on their ability to relate to clients and deliver superior legal advice through technical excellence, commercial insight, well-developed communication skills, as well as the ability to run transactions systematically and meeting stringent timelines.
You will join a team of dedicated professionals credited by peers as having a strong industry presence in their respective areas. It has an established $50m+ fee base in Queensland, yet it is looking to strategically deepen 5 of their 14 vertical portfolios.
Our client is seeking to laterally appoint a Partner (or elevate a dynamic SC) in the area of:
- project development and financing;
- preparation and negotiation of complex agreements (exploration, production, operating/management, infrastructure, commodity sale and marketing);
- joint ventures;
- acquisitions and divestments;
- corporate advisory.
- development, financing and real estate components of wind farms, pumped hydro projects, solar farms, and battery storage projects.
- due diligence, drafting options to lease, leases, ground leases, options to purchase, financier deeds and managing the transaction to financial close.
- contracts of sale for pipeline and ancillary infrastructure and assets, advising on pipeline tenure and statutory rights; procurement contract negotiation and general corporate advisory.
Ideally you will have experience with a mid or top tier firm acting on behalf of a notable clients. Further, you will have confidence in maintaining those key relationships in your transition to this firm.
In stark contrast to other national practices, this firm promotes true work-life balance. As such, they are able to accommodate reduced hours and or a blended 'office+remote' engagement to suit the individual's personal circumstances.
In terms of your earnings, you can expect to be remunerated in accordance with the profile you carry in your area of practice and the relationships you can bring to the table. An entry level Salaried Partner can expect to earn $350,000 to $550,000++; a mid-point Equity Partner earns $1.2m as a minimum whereas 100 point Equity Partners earnings are well in excess of $4M based on his/her Control Fees.
Our client is looking for practitioners with leading technical expertise as well as the confidence to back themselves - which is why the firm has been so incredibly successful.
In challenging times, there has been the need for law firms to re-calibrate in order to maintain a competitive advantage and a sustainable profit pool for its Partners. Those that have managed this expertly have emerged as magnets to other partners looking to transition their clients to a more innovative and profitable platform.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for partners, and whole teams, to specialist, mid or top tier practices, all while providing critical intelligence on:
- Individual profitability of the relevant firms;
- Partnership structures and equity distribution;
- Strategic growth plans;
- Intra/Cross practice compatibility;
- Historical transitions;
- Performance expectations; as well as
- Partnership culture and idiosyncrasies (trust us when we say that no one firm is perfect).
THE NEXT STEPS
At Law Staff we offer a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion, however during Covid-19 we are available over FaceTime or Zoom, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move.
For an uncompromisingly confidential discussion, please contact Craig Ashton-Sward (Director & Senior Client Advisor) by email email@example.com or by mobile 0413 743 838 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm, 7 days) and quote REF: ERP070622. Feel free to maintain your anonymity in the first instance if you choose.
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane