- In-House Counsel | Commercial & Property Focus
- Growing Property Development Corporation
- Working Directly with Senior Management
- Incredible Work-Life Balance | Close-Knit Team
- Attractive Remuneration Package
Law Staff has been retained exclusively on this rare In-House Lawyer role to work on significant Property projects.
As a growing Property Developer Organisation, our client is a highly diverse group taking the development market by storm. It prides itself on identifying and leveraging opportunities that deliver value to its stakeholders.
They are seeking an In-House Property Lawyer with a passion for property development to join their close-knit team of professionals.
In this position, you will work alongside the Managing Director to guide the organisation on a range of interesting property transactions, as well as handling most of the transactional legal requirements of an in-house role (as opposed to briefing external counsel), including but not limited to the following:
- Site acquisitions and due diligence;
- Project finance advice;
- Advising on obligations under the PPSA requirements;
- Preparation of Contracts and Disclosure Statements, Option Agreements, Deeds of Assignment, Consent Caveats for Call Options, as well as exercising Put & Call Options as applicable;
- Development applications and registration of plans;
- Drafting general commercial agreements;
- Ancillary contract advice on Standard Form building contracts;
- Refining and continuing the development of suites of legal documents;
- General Corporate structuring advice;
- Conveyancing on the sale of individual lots; and
- Managing and liaising with external service providers including law firms, government departments, and other local authorities relevant to the group's operations.
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic commercially minded lawyers with 5 to 9 years post-qualification experience.
You will have strong analytical, drafting, communication and liaison skills, a willingness to learn and participate in assisting on a range of commercial and property matters. It is expected you will have excellent problem solving skills, and an ability to articulate legal matters to arrive at commercial outcomes.
You must have an interest in real estate development, construction and property. You will also have an interest in working from the client's Gold Coast office.
This is a career-defining opportunity to move into an in-house role that has an exceptional team environment, as well as genuine work-life balance where you can expect your contact hours to be roughly 8.30am/9.00am to 5.00pm with additional hours being the exception rather than the rule.
You will join a tight-knit team of motivated individuals who are dedicated to achieving the organisation's vision.
At Law Staff we offer all Lawyers a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us an understanding of your skills as well as ideals around your next role. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile on this role for you to research at your leisure. To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: IHC2021173 and email your Resume in Word format to either:
- Ena Pita - email@example.com
- Trudy Reading - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
LawStaff | LEVEL 22, HSBC BUILDING | 300 QUEEN STREET | BRISBANE | 07 3221 1229