- Junior In-House Lawyer | 1-3 Years PAE
- Property | Commercial | Agribusiness
- Dynamic Organisation
- Market Leading Remuneration
Law Staff has been retained exclusively by this highly respected natural resources organisation to advise and assist on the appointment of a Junior In-House Lawyer to the Australian legal team based in Brisbane.
Their operations find them actively involved in the acquisition and management of rural property and agricultural assets.
Reporting to and working under the guidance of Senior Legal Counsel, the role will focus on providing legal solutions around commercial and rural conveyancing focusing on agricultural properties. Specifically, the work will see you actively assisting in:
- the acquisition and disposal of major agricultural properties;
- due diligence on stock and machinery;
- real property searches on title, easements, and water licences;
- the drafting of MOUs, HOAs, and commercial contracts;
- assisting with multi-million dollar settlements;
- any relevant project work as and when required.
Your Team Leader is someone with a deep level of technical skills as a lawyer, with 15+ years post admission both in Australia and Internationally, and extensive practical experience in this market segment.
More importantly, this Senior Legal Counsel has exceptional communication skills; an ability to impart information to you in a calm and informative manner; and a vested interest in your growth and development as a lawyer, as well as your longevity with the organisation.
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic commercially minded junior lawyers with 1 - 3 years post admission experience gained within top-tier, mid-tier or specialist commercial property law firms. Though not essential, experience with agribusiness transactions will be considered favourably. Additionally, you will be:
- admitted as a Solicitor in an Australian jurisdiction and or be eligible for admission in the next 12 months;
- have a very sound academic record;
- have some foundation skills with a 'like organisation' or well-respected law firm;
- confident in your ability to grasp new concepts under the tutelage of Senior Counsel.
- some knowledge of relevant property legislation and essential processes;
- demonstrative initiative such that you can think logically, identify and alert Senior Counsel of any issues that may arise; as well as
- an ability to undertake legal tasks with some autonomy while working within your knowledge limits and confidence.
This is a career-defining opportunity for a Junior Lawyer to move into an in-house role and make your mark within an exceptional organisation. You will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package in line with the higher end of the Brisbane market.
At Law Staff we maintain the highest protocols during Covid and therefore offer a meeting over Zoom or FaceTime, as well as offer a contactless meeting in a lounge room setting for a relaxed confidential discussion over coffee/tea, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your considerations in that next move. We are full in our disclosure and by the end of the meeting you will be provided with a detailed profile of this opportunity for you to go away and research at your leisure.
To apply please click APPLY attaching the relevant documents. Alternatively please quote Ref No: JIH372021 and forward your Professional Profile to:
- Ena Pita - email@example.com
- Craig Ashton-Sward - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | www.lawstaff.com.au