- Senior Legal Counsel | Projects & Infrastructure.
- Excellent Culture | Depth of Expertise in the Legal Team.
- Full Scope of Legal Work | Front and Back End Construction | Procurement and Contracts | Dispute Resolution.
- Full-Time Position with Workplace Flexibility.
- Metropolitan Melbourne (South) Location.
- Exclusive Brief to Law Staff
We are proud to represent this particular client in its ongoing quest for the very best Talent.
It is a company that prides itself on its inclusive culture and employee benefits. It has achieved its ranking through the delivery of some of the most prominent projects in the Road, Rail, Ports, Airports, and Resources sectors.
As a reference point, this position is located 3 kilometres (15 mins) south of Flinders Train Station.
Working with the existing legal team you can expect the position to provide you with a range of stimulating matters, including but not limited to:
- Advising on and drafting Head Contracts including D&C construction contracts, as well as assisting project teams to negotiate and execute subcontracts.
- Conducting document reviews; risk assessment and advising on contract departures; negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements including but not limited to MOU’s, JV agreements, teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements, consultancy and professional services agreements, deeds of novation, procurement subcontracts, leases, licences, software agreements, as well as assist the legal team in maintaining a suite of contracts.
- Claims management including providing ad hoc support on defending contractual, statutory, and insurance claims.
- Assisting the General Counsel in managing external legal services and providing instructions to panel firms when required.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have 5 years recent experience at a Senior Counsel level, or at the equivalent of a Senior Associate or Special Counsel level in private practice where you are acting for/negotiating with State Government as the Principal in projects and infrastructure work. The requirements of this role are such that you need to be able to work with minimal supervision.
This position requires a person committed to excellence as well as the ability to work as a cohesive member of the team. It requires a service-oriented approach towards advising Senior Managers and Business Leaders and a commercially pragmatic approach to providing legal solutions within acceptable risk parameters. You will have a grounded disposition and exceptional communication skills.
This role has been created as a result of significant success and ongoing growth in the major projects space, thereby creating a sustained need for an additional senior resource in the legal team. The role will cater to a talented Senior Legal Counsel who is looking to work full-time, however it also offers a deal of workplace flexibility in terms of remote working.
To be considered for this role you must also be an Australian Resident and have a current unconditional Australian practising certificate. In addition, this is a Melbourne based position therefore should you currently be interstate/overseas then you must be prepared to meet any/all State Government directives concerning self-isolation or self-quarantine.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
Remuneration is highly attractive and a market-leading package will be negotiated with the individual. It will appeal to candidates at the upper-mid to high-end of the salary market.
This is a highly professional yet relaxed work environment centred on technical competence, mutual respect, and a collaborative mindset.
You will enjoy working in a cohesive and inclusive culture with free daily parking, end of trip facilities for cyclists/runners.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for lawyers at all levels and has an uncompromising commitment to confidentiality.
Most importantly, we treat this as a two-way information sharing session to allow you to make an informed decision whether to move forward with an expression of interest to this employer. We will only ever confer with our client after you have done your research and at a time when you have expressed in writing that you are ready to take that cautious next step. Absolutely everything stays in the vault until that time.
THE NEXT STEPS
During Covid, Law Staff offers the options of a virtual meeting or a lounge room setting for a relaxed discussion, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skillset and interests.
In an effort to secure your opportunity for an uncompromisingly confidential discussion on this role, please quote REF: IH080122 and email your details through to Craig Ashton-Sward (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bianca Calder (email@example.com).
If this role is not entirely suitable then we would still enjoy the opportunity of hearing from you. We often work on roles that are not advertised, with a range of positions across private practice and in-house.
We look forward to engaging with shortlisted candidates.
LawStaff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street Brisbane | (07) 3221 1229