- In-house Government Employer | PO5 to SC Level Appointment
- 12 Month Contract with possibility for extension
- Flexible working arrangements available
Our client, a government organisation has engaged us to assist them with the appointment of a Native Title Lawyer at PO5 to Special Counsel Level with a minimum of 5 years' PAE to join their Brisbane CBD based organisation.
If you are seeking to broaden your skillset and gain access to cutting edge legal matters whilst maintaining genuine work life balance then you have found your match!
You will work closely with industry leaders on advisory and litigious Native Title matters including:
- Litigation, mediation and negotiation in relation to native title determination applications filed in the Federal Court.
- Provide advice in the context of native title determination applications.
- Negotiate, draft, review and advise complex agreements (such as Indigenous Land Use Agreements).
- Litigation, mediation, negotiation and advise on compensation applications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Admission as a legal practitioner in Queensland;
- a minimum of 5 year's post admission experience in Native Title Law, providing you with a working knowledge of the relevant legislation including Native Title Act 1993; Aboriginal Land Act 1991; Nature Conservation Act 1992; and Land Act 1994.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills of a high professional standard;
- Exceptional drafting skills; and
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment.
Sensational opportunity to move into an in-house role Government role within a positive, team environment offering:
- Work life balance and workplace flexibility;
- Ongoing training & development with the opportunity to learn from the best;
- A friendly and supportive team environment.
Interested? Take control of your career and click "Apply" NOW or send your details in confidence to:
Georgina See - email@example.com
Trudy Reading - firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please call (07) 32211229 for a confidential discussion.
For details of all other available opportunities, please visit our website: www.law-staff.com.au
Please note, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Law Staff | Level 22 HSBC Building | 300 Queen Street | Brisbane Q 4000