Law Staff sources Talent for pre-eminent firms with sizable tax advisory and tax controversy teams, and also for specialist tax practices. Our clients invariably look to retain taxation lawyers who are dual-qualified in Commerce and Law. Having pre-law experience as a chartered accountant brings an added dimension to industry knowledge and service levels while providing expert assistance to a accountants and financial planners, as well as acting for a wide range of clients, from listed companies, private companies and their high wealth owners, advising on a range of taxation issues relevant to:
- asset protection;
- business succession advice on restructures;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- tax effective restructuring advice and options, including business licensing strategies;
- debt and equity fundraising;
- superannuation fund compliance and planning;
- tax consequences of family law and other settlements including advising on and assisting with state taxes such as duty, payroll tax and land tax; as well as
- capital gains tax and goods and services tax issues, as well as small business capital gains tax concessions, use of rollovers, taxation of trusts, non-residency, Division 7A, and personal services income.
Somewhat specific to national firms who work with international businesses, they can additionally provide strategic taxation advice on both Australian taxation law and international taxation laws, and innovative solutions to their clients most complex issues.
Your primary contact for this market segment is Craig Ashton-Sward.