- Distinguished Brand in the Projects & Infrastructure Sector
- Depth of Expertise | Excellent Team Culture
- Competitive Remuneration including generous Employee Share Program | High SA or Special Counsel Equivalent
- Full Scope of Legal Work | Front and Back End Construction | Procurement and Contracts | Dispute Resolution
We are proud to represent this particular client in its ongoing quest for the very best Talent. As a globally aligned Projects and Construction Company, it has attained its ranking through the delivery of some of the most prominent projects in the Road, Rail, Ports, Airports, and Resources sectors.
With a prominent profile in the infrastructure space, you will be engaged and motivated through challenging matters on your desk, as well as enjoy working in a fantastic culture with free daily parking as well as end of trip facilities for cyclists/runners.
This position requires a person committed to excellence, who can work just as effectively with a degree of autonomy and as a cohesive member of the team; has a service-oriented approach towards advising Senior Managers and Business Leaders; and has a commercially pragmatic approach to providing legal solutions within acceptable risk parameters; as well as having a grounded disposition and exceptional communication skills.
Working with the existing legal team you can expect the position to provide you with a range of stimulating matters, including but not limited to:
- Document Reviews; risk assessment and advising on contract departures; negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements including but not limited to MOU’s, JV agreements, teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements, consultancy and professional services agreements, deeds of novation, procurement subcontracts, leases, licences, software agreements, as well as assist the legal team in maintaining a suite of contracts.
- Advising on and drafting Head Contracts including D&C construction contracts, as well as assisting project teams to negotiate and execute subcontracts.
- Assist the General Counsel in managing external legal services and provide instructions to panel firms; as well as assist in managing significant disputes when required.
- Claims management including providing ad hoc support on defending contractual, statutory, and insurance claims.
- Assist the Insurance & Risk Manager with the renewal of group insurance, as well as ensuring all project insurances are procured and maintained.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will have a minimum of 5 years post-admission experience, though you are more likely to be at the 7 to 15 year range to be able to work with minimal supervision. This role requires a strong understanding of SOP legislation and reasonable work experience assisting to prepare payment claims/schedules and ability to make/respond to adjudication applications.
This role has been created as a result of significant success and ongoing growth in the major projects space, thereby creating a sustained need for an additional resource in the legal team. The role will cater to a talented construction and commercial contracts lawyer looking to work full-time or part-time.
You will have recently worked in-house or within a respected private practice environment where your skills have been honed.
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian Resident and have a current unconditional Australian practising certificate. In addition, this is a Brisbane based position therefore should you currently be interstate/overseas then you must be prepared to meet State Government directives concerning self-quarantine (https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/protect-yourself-others/quarantine).
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
Remuneration is highly attractive and a market-leading package will be negotiated with the individual. It will appeal to candidates at the upper-mid to high-end of the market for Senior Associates and Special Counsels.
This is a highly professional yet relaxed work environment centred on technical competence, mutual respect, and a collaborative mindset.
With 30 years as specialist consultants to the legal profession, Law Staff has an impressive history of facilitating discreet moves for lawyers at all levels and has an uncompromising commitment to confidentiality.
Most importantly, we treat this as a two-way information sharing session to allow you to make an informed decision whether to move forward with an expression of interest to this employer. We will only ever confer with our client after you have done your research and at a time when you have expressed in writing that you are ready to take that cautious next step. Absolutely everything stays in the vault until that time.
THE NEXT STEPS
During Covid, LawStaff offers the options of a virtual meeting or a lounge room setting for a relaxed discussion, allowing you to comfortably provide us with an understanding of your skillset and interests. In an effort to secure your opportunity for an uncompromisingly confidential discussion on this role, please quote REF: IH020621 and send your details through to Kirra Gaskell via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not entirely suitable then we would still enjoy the opportunity of hearing from you. We often work on roles that are not advertised, with a range of positions across private practice and in-house.
We look forward to engaging with shortlisted candidates.