Law Staff is partnering with a leading State Government client who is seeking a Senior Principal Lawyer with expertise in commercial and information technology law to join a prestigious legal team based in Brisbane CBD on a permanent, full-time basis.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior Principal Lawyer will be a key player in this sizeable legal branch of 20+ lawyers who are responsible for delivering high quality legal services, providing expert advice and contributing to the overall success of the department. The Senior Principal Lawyer will work collaboratively with other Senior Principal Lawyers and will contribute to the ongoing supervision, mentorship, training and professional development of Principal Lawyers, Senior Lawyers, Lawyers, Graduates, Paralegals, and law students.
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role, the Senior Principal Lawyer will have:
- Bachelor of Laws degree and admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Minimum 8 years post-admission experience in Information Technology and Communications Law including demonstrable understanding of the QITC framework, and ancillary commercial law areas such as intellectual property, probity and right to information
- Demonstrated experience in government contracting and procurement; contract negotiation, drafting and management as well as corporate governance, risk management and compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eligibility to work in Australia and ability to provide proof of identity and documentary evidence of right to work in Australia is essential to be considered.
The successful candidate will have access to:
- The most interesting and challenging legal matters.
- A performance focused employer that is diverse and inclusive in their workplace culture
- Work-from-home options and flexible working days
- A competitive salary that is negotiable based on experience from approximately $189K to $197K (inclusive of 12.75% Super)
- Hassle-Free Process: We handle the entire recruitment process, saving you valuable time and effort.
- Transparent Communication: Stay informed every step of the way with regular updates.
- Keeping things moving: We keep things moving behind the scenes, ensuring a seamless experience for you.
- Insider Knowledge: Benefit from our industry expertise and tailored guidance for your application and interview.
THE NEXT STEP
We provide the flexibility of conducting interviews either in person or virtually. You can choose between a one-on-one session or a multiparty meeting via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, or telephone, ensuring that you can comfortably showcase your skills and discuss your prerequisites for the desired role. We prioritise transparency and, by the end of the meeting, you will receive a comprehensive profile outlining these opportunities and more. This will allow you to research and explore them at your convenience.
To request a confidential meeting, please click APPLY and upload your Profile. Alternatively quote Ref: 3724599 and email your Resume to:
- Georgina See - email@example.com
- Trudy Reading - firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if this particular role doesn't align perfectly with your needs, we would still be delighted to hear from you. We frequently handle unadvertised positions, offering a diverse range of opportunities in both private practice and in-house settings. Your interest is valuable to us, as we strive to match candidates with suitable positions beyond those publicly listed.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted in the first instance.
Law Staff | Level 22 HSBC Bld | 300 Queen St | Brisbane (07) 3221 1229